• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

From Main Board - Rays

Guest Jonesy Bull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

19 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Looks like Rays are in great position now. Keep it going! Nothing like seeing the Spankys getting crushed. Almost as good as watching Tulsa beat ucf 😂😂😂

I didn't record that game figuring C was gonna roll them.  Pixxed me off that I didn't get to see it.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, chapelbull said:

No doubt.  Remember flying to Sacramento for a baseball tournament wearing "Tampa Bay Giants" shirts ... whoops.

It's time for billionaire owners to start footing the bill for these palatial stadiums that they make a fortune off of.  

Interestingly enough someone clown tweeted out today that Tampa will break ground on a new retractable roof stadium in 2 years.  It's been denied by officials

As a Giants fan, I remember this being proposed but can't remember when it happened. Believe it was before our daughter even knew of USF.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Thought you were a non believer.

I do believe in the sporting gods 😀

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

As a Giants fan, I remember this being proposed but can't remember when it happened. Believe it was before our daughter even knew of USF.  

It would have been about 30 years ago

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Well they did leave New York a long time ago, so maybe you forgot?

Edited by Roaming Bull

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

19 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

The old Polo Grounds .... Cousin Ricky was probably in the stands for some NY Giants baseball games.  What was it like watching John McGraw and Christy Matthewson CR?   😀

Edited by chapelbull

52 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

35 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

The old Polo Grounds .... Cousin Ricky was probably in the stands for some NY Giants baseball games.  What was it like watching John McGraw and Christy Matthewson CR?   😀

The first game I remember going to was at the Polo Grounds.  But the Giants were the visiting team v the Mets in their first season.  Double Header.  I was 7.  Willie Mays was my idol and we sat in centerfield. Unfortunately center field was 483 I believe so he was still 140 feet for so from us.  My dad got sick (thinking NY hot dogs) and we left after the first game. My mom had to drive us home through NY back to NJ.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

The first game I remember going to was at the Polo Grounds.  But the Giants were the visiting team v the Mets in their first season.  Double Header.  I was 7.  Willie Mays was my idol and we sat in centerfield. Unfortunately center field was 483 I believe so he was still 140 feet for so from us.  My dad got sick (thinking NY hot dogs) and we left after the first game. My mom had to drive us home through NY back to NJ.  

Still that’s a pretty cool memory Cuz. Did you know the jets (Titans) also played their first few years at the Polo Grounds? That old park saw a lot action over the years. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Still that’s a pretty cool memory Cuz. Did you know the jets (Titans) also played their first few years at the Polo Grounds? That old park saw a lot action over the years. 

Yep. Did you know the NY Football Giants played at Yale during Yankee Stadium renovations?

13 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Yep. Did you know the NY Football Giants played at Yale during Yankee Stadium renovations?

Yes I did. Did you know that the Giants played at Shea Stadium in 75 (I believe that year is right) while Giants Stadium was being built? I had season tickets to the Jets at Shea for four years (High School) while living on Long Island back in the day. The gentleman I sat next gave me a history lesson on NY sports each game. Amazingly I remember almost all that he taught me. 😂

Edited by NewEnglandBull