• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Maybe I am Wrong

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

So far our offensive scheme ( not talking about productivity) isn't much different than what we have seen the last couple of years. Mostly dive plays and pocket passing so far. Hard to keep running dives with a poor run blocking OL and speed/finesse backs. 

The only read options have been with Johnson in. 

Hard to really say since we have not seen much of anything on O so far. 

Have we seen any multi TE sets on short yardage?  Have we seen Mathis this year?    

Outside of Ford, a little out of Dukes and a cute trick play today there has been nothing to speak of. Same crap that hasn't worked here ever. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Its very boring type of offense...not much creativity at all. 

Wish we try to go deep a few times besides to end the half.    (oops forgot we did and both times INT...yeah we just aren't good)

Hopefully Weiss figures out something better as the season progresses. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

People are not going to like this, the only way for us to improve is to first all pretend like we improved.care bears nostalgia GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

People are not going to like this, the only way for us to improve is to first all pretend like we improved.care bears nostalgia GIF

Who is saying we have improved on offense?  I think we can all agree there are pieces missing that will either come by experience and/or recruitment...work in progress....

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, DJBulls said:

Who is saying we have improved on offense?  I think we can all agree there are pieces missing that will either come by experience and/or recruitment...work in progress....

Every week people find something minuscule and pretend that if you stare into the sun for exactly 10 minutes, put a plastic bag on your head and tie it off at your neck, bang your head against the wall and then play the clip backwards while starting the dark side of the moon you can see the improvement brought upon by our new coach. Why you may ask would anyone do all of that in order to see something our current staff is doing better than the ones we **** canned? Apparently because we need it so facts, results and stats be damned. There used to be a time when having expectations beyond what is a term worthy performance was actually the norm and not a fringe idea but I completely understand how we have gotten to place where we can’t expect anything but showing up and being nicer to the media from out coaching staff but it doesn’t mean I have to like it. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, puc86 said:

Every week people find something minuscule and pretend that if you stare into the sun for exactly 10 minutes, put a plastic bag on your head and tie it off at your neck, bang your head against the wall and then play the clip backwards while starting the dark side of the moon you can see the improvement brought upon by our new coach. Why you may ask would anyone do all of that in order to see something our current staff is doing better than the ones we **** canned? Apparently because we need it so facts, results and stats be damned. There used to be a time when having expectations beyond what is a term worthy performance was actually the norm and not a fringe idea but I completely understand how we have gotten to place where we can’t expect anything but showing up and being nicer to the media from out coaching staff but it doesn’t mean I have to like it. 

Lmao...fair enough...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

I guess I missed it, but I just haven't seen a bunch of posts about how improved we are on offense ....... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

THE ONLY OFFENSE WE SHOULD EVER RUN IS A SPREAD RPO.

You are right OP. I’m not liking this scheme at all, it’s like Gilbert came back from the dead.

zombie GIF

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Our entire starting offense has yet to start a game, including 2 against top 15 teams. Let's settle down a bit 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

20 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Our entire starting offense has yet to start a game, including 2 against top 15 teams. Let's settle down a bit 

That is true we have played two good teams and we should look much better vs ECU I believe.