• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF does not practice today (COVID and Social Injustice)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

45 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I still like Jack, that must have been from one of his Lakers game. 

I don’t drink so let’s stay with the straw 

No Drink that's admirable.👍   But, a "straw" huh?? Hmmmm........😉   Have a good weekend

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

20 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Who was or is only kneeling when the flag shows up? Are those same people no partaking in peaceful protests? Are those same people not having press conferences (if they have the power) to air their transgressions?  Are those same people not raising funds and/or donating to causes they believe in to alleviate the transgressions that they have raise? Or are we the type that sees none of that work? 

I'm not even arguing that they are wrong in the change they are trying to make. I agree with this movement man! That's why I get frustrated when the messaging is wrong. And that's what I'm calling out, is distasteful messaging that isnt going to help. 

Let me make a solid analogy for you that is not different in any way, as long as we understand that kneeling during the anthem is at least a form of disrespect. 

I'm a big believer that elites are stealing and printing money from normal citizens. Now I decide to flip the finger every time I arrive to a place. This is my form of protest. I dont mean any disrespect by it, because I'm protesting being robbed!! But I cant understand why people are frustrated by it!

I hope you can see I'm criticizing the messaging, not the actual beliefs. If your messaging sucks, you're just turning people away from the right ideas. At some point we cant keep acting like we hate America and expect us to reach this 'pinnacle'. We gotta unite. That's USF's, KJ's, and Jeff Scott's message.

Which is why I hate the NBA's messaging, where they fined a GM for saying "fight for freedom. Free hong kong". But then act like they care about people in America. Absolutely not. You better care about every life NBA. 

Edited by WhoRUSF

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

24 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

I'm not even arguing that they are wrong in the change they are trying to make. I agree with this movement man! That's why I get frustrated when the messaging is wrong. And that's what I'm calling out, is distasteful messaging that isnt going to help. 

Let me make a solid analogy for you that is not different in any way, as long as we understand that kneeling during the anthem is at least a form of disrespect. 

I'm a big believer that elites are stealing and printing money from normal citizens. Now I decide to flip the finger every time I arrive to a place. This is my form of protest. I dont mean any disrespect by it, because I'm protesting being robbed!! But I cant understand why people are frustrated by it!

I hope you can see I'm criticizing the messaging, not the actual beliefs. If your messaging sucks, you're just turning people away from the right ideas. At some point we cant keep acting like we hate America and expect us to reach this 'pinnacle'. We gotta unite. That's USF's, KJ's, and Jeff Scott's message.

Which is why I hate the NBA's messaging, where they fined a GM for saying "fight for freedom. Free hong kong". But then act like they care about people in America. Absolutely not. You better care about every life NBA. 

All of this messaging becomes extemely muddied when we have data that contradicts many of the statements being made...and when someone says "but the actual data says this." And the response to that person is someone just screaming louder...this makes this very messy..in addition to that, many people involved in BLM use the guise of systematic racism as a trojan horse to push many other agendas not related to that topic...people see this...people may not choose to point out the obvious and why that is hypocritical and wrong becaue the response on the other side is someone just screaming and calling them racist...I will also make one final point that many people actually support the piece of BLM that is against systematic racism, but don't want to spend their leisurely time of the day that they set aside for sports to be lectured on this topic.  People simply will change the channel...and what make this worse, people insult these folks calling them racist and ignorant which is incorrect...

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

16 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

All of this messaging becomes extemely muddied when we have data that contradicts many of the statements being made...and when someone says "but the actual data says this." And the response to that person is someone just screaming louder...this makes this very messy..in addition to that, many people involved in BLM use the guise of systematic racism as a trojan horse to push many other agendas not related to that topic...people see this...people may not choose to point out the obvious and why that is hypocritical and wrong becaue the response on the other side is someone just screaming and calling them racist...I will also make one final point that many people actually support the piece of BLM that is against systematic racism, but don't want to spend their leisurely time of the day that they set aside for sports to be lectured on this topic.  People simply will change the channel...and what make this worse, people insult these folks calling them racist and ignorant which is incorrect...

God Bless you son. I mean you nailed it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I will say that only when it comes to the flag that people see kneeling as a disrespectful sign

From Scientific America 

"Which returns us to the kneel. Kneeling is a sign of reverence, submissiveness, deference—and sometimes mourning and vulnerability. But with a single, graceful act, Kaepernick invested it with a double meaning. He didn’t turn his back as the anthem was played, which would have been a true sign of disrespect. Nor did he rely on the now-conventionalized black-power fist."

14795D46-8603-4873-8E0D978DA7AFF2B4.jpg

The backlash against protests by Colin...

I kneeled to ask my wife to marry me. I knelt every Sunday when I used to go to church before COVID.  Only in the great country that is the USA can a symbol of deference for seemingly all time is now being disrespectful.  

Yes, a middle finger has always been disrespectful.  Kneeling has never been. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

48 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

I will say that only when it comes to the flag that people see kneeling as a disrespectful sign

From Scientific America 

"Which returns us to the kneel. Kneeling is a sign of reverence, submissiveness, deference—and sometimes mourning and vulnerability. But with a single, graceful act, Kaepernick invested it with a double meaning. He didn’t turn his back as the anthem was played, which would have been a true sign of disrespect. Nor did he rely on the now-conventionalized black-power fist."

14795D46-8603-4873-8E0D978DA7AFF2B4.jpg

The backlash against protests by Colin...

I kneeled to ask my wife to marry me. I knelt every Sunday when I used to go to church before COVID.  Only in the great country that is the USA can a symbol of deference for seemingly all time is now being disrespectful.  

Yes, a middle finger has always been disrespectful.  Kneeling has never been. 

I saw a female sailor tie her boot during the anthem (known as colors) and some high ranking marines blew her ears off and made sure to inform her leadership. I'm sure they thought it was disrespectful. I've also associated that song with battle and wounded warriors before it was cool to kneel for it. Then there is the black power fist he threw up.

Anyway, football is coming back, and I couldnt be more pumped.