• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF does not practice today (COVID and Social Injustice)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Another thing that is said when cops do wrong

It is only a few bad apples. 

They never finish the sentence. 

Once we get rid of the bad apples from police departments then and only then will we have a good police force. 

I don't need to see any video of any unarmed American being shot by any police officer to know that the cop did not do their job properly. If as an officer you are so scared that 3 cops cannot arrest a suspect and put cuffs on that suspect but must shoot that suspect maybe you should not be a cop. Maybe you suck at your job and should be fired. Maybe 

Or maybe I live in a different reality 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Pretty **** refreshing seeing the professional and civil comments on this thread (for both sides). I applaud all of you! After seeing the vial and disrespect on the crap we call social media this is well done by all of you! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Are we talking about the latest instance in which the man had a knife at the very least inches from his hands after ignoring several commands from police officers who were called to the scene due to a domestic situation and possibly in his hand when he was shot?   

There are things that could be done better on both ends .... the police and the individuals in the community.

Edited by chapelbull

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,086
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Pretty **** refreshing seeing the professional and civil comments on this thread (for both sides). I applaud all of you! After seeing the vial and disrespect on the crap we call social media this is well done by all of you! 

👍 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Speed? Never

Cross the street without the walking man? Nope

Have a broken tail light? You better button that up immediately.

Low beam light out. Do not go anywhere but straight to the auto shop. 

Why? Because you NEVER want ANY random reason for them to harass you and potentially not see your loved ones. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

42 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

And I understand that many here do not have empathy nor the understanding of what it is like to be a black man in the USA. 

If I say I had a cop pull a gun on me many would say "What did you do?"

I got lost or should I say turned around needing to put gas in my car. I ended up at a closed gas station twice (thanks google machine). 

On the second entry - Boom, lights, a cop yelling with gun drawn approaching my vehicle.  Instead of diffusing the situation the cop was escalating the situation.  Here I am lost in a city that's not mine with my wife and her two younger siblings in the car and a cop has a gun on me and I am the one who had to talk this cop down. I am the one who had to de-escalate the situation.  

As I survive and I am driving to the next gas station I understood why my dad never let his car have less than a half tank of gas. Because as a man who has a dark skin tone you never want to be out at night looking for gas in America.  That was 2013. I have never been low on gas since. 

That has got to suck knowing you're being profiled by a racist cop for being black. I know I'd feel a combination of fear and anger at the same time. 

I noticed you mentioned twice in your post that this is an American problem. While I have heard our police are quicker to resort to violence, from what I've seen by studies is that America is one of the least racist countries in the world. I could be completely ignorant on this, but what countries are better at being multicultural than America? 

I'd be interested on your take on which is the bigger problem between the racism, or the police violence? 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Are we talking about the latest instance in which the man had a knife at the very least inches from his hands after ignoring several commands from police officers who were called to the scene due to a domestic situation and possibly in his hand when he was shot?   

There are things that could be done better on both ends .... the police and the individuals in the community.

That dude must have been deaf. As easy as it is to blame the cop in that one, Jacob Blake was careless with his life. But as the cop, just tackle him!! Teach these cops mma and suplex that guy!! Supreme bragging rights within the force, and nobody is dead. Bam. Like Delda said, they need more competent people in the force. Pay more for better candidates if you have to. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Are we talking about the latest instance in which the man had a knife at the very least inches from his hands

Now do the person who had a literal assault rifle in their hands walking around that police felt zero threat from all while making it to a completely different state without a single cop blinking their eye. 

Edited by OcalaBull2