• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Five more USF FB players opt out

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Yea this is early for a scrimmage...smart of Scott to see early what he is working with and what area is a priority for team. 

Scrimmages are fun for the players.. creates hype within the team, and takes their mind off the mess that is happening around them.  I agree, smart move by Scott!

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Actually...some of this may work in USF favor if this season keeps rolling along. We needed practice, practice, practice...New coaches, players, schemes. DC says too many out of shape. If we can keep moving forward maybe by the time the FAU game comes around we will be ready?? Possibly pickup a game before w/ a G5 hit some people, game speed or...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Interesting theory, I have nothing to credit it or discredit it. 2020 is a wild ride and anything is possible.  Once the media outlets decide what they want, they will start pushing their agendas.

Animated GIFtinfoilhatcat.jpg.6151ade00ac70e0e0cd4794d0943a175.jpg

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

18 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

This is going to be a very interesting and litigious season.  I'm sure we can't even think up all the possible situations that will surface regarding liability and negligence.  Will be interesting to watch them all unfold over the next few months.

somebody say "litigious"

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  811
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, smazza said:

somebody say "litigious"

Ambulance Chaser - TV Tropes

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  685
  • Days Won:  2

Didn't read the whole thread so I apologize if this has already been discussed, but one thing to consider for these players is that their eligibility clock keeps ticking regardless of whether or not they sit out this season (unless the NCAA passed legislation I'm not aware of). The NCAA website states:

Division I five-year clock: If you play at a Division I school, you have five-calendar years in which to play four seasons of competition. Your five-year clock starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college. Thereafter, your clock continues, even if you spend an academic year in residence as a result of transferring; decide to red shirt, if you do not attend school or even if you go part-time during your college career.

So according to that, even if they choose to not play this year, the clock is still ticking and they lose a year to play. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

35 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

Didn't read the whole thread so I apologize if this has already been discussed, but one thing to consider for these players is that their eligibility clock keeps ticking regardless of whether or not they sit out this season (unless the NCAA passed legislation I'm not aware of). The NCAA website states:

So according to that, even if they choose to not play this year, the clock is still ticking and they lose a year to play. 

No, NCAA grants them another year. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, hightechbull said:

Animated GIFtinfoilhatcat.jpg.6151ade00ac70e0e0cd4794d0943a175.jpg

Not really the big networks will decide if they can afford to lose the revenue from  not playing and will then spread their agenda to the public and NCAA.