• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs Temple Game Discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

25 minutes ago, bcgruber said:

Looks like Temple or Uconn first round of conf tourney

Have beat them both so not sure if one is a better matchup than the other.  The UCONN guards are currently playing well, grand scheme I would rather play Temple if given the choice.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Have beat them both so not sure if one is a better matchup than the other.  The UCONN guards are currently playing well, grand scheme I would rather play Temple if given the choice.

Interesting I consider Temple more dangerous than Ucant. I guess either way we got a chance to get out of the first round at least. It’s that second round matchup that will be tough...playing a team that has rested. 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

14 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

Huge road win for our Bulls.  Haven’t beaten temple in a long time.

bigly win

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Thought the Team looked much better and stayed more focused. Fewer out of control kamikaze lane drives by Collins and Rideau. Nice to see Maricevic playing to a higher level like some of the others. More 3 pointers, rebounds. Glad for the win. Cincy will be a good measure to show if we are really playing better. Nice win...

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  1

Wish we had another day of practice before taking on Cincy.  But they played yesterday too.  SMU is a better matchup for us.  The key to next year will be whether Yetna comes back 100 per cent and can shoot with confidence, and Caleb Murphy.  Gregory doesn't ordinarily like to play freshman, but Murphy is an exceptional athlete.  I wouldn't count much on Luke Anderson until he gets on the court.  Zach's high school play was even better than Anderso's and he has been slow to round into shape and gain his shooting confidence.  I think, he will be much better next year.  I have serious doubts about Mack.  He is not Gregory's type of inside player.  He seems lost when he gets on the court and is consistently out of position on defense.  A shame neither of this year's recruits got any significant playing time.  We are better than Temple...not so sure about UConn.  They've had some impressive wins.

Guest Jonesy Bull
19 hours ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Moving up the AAC standings. 😉🤘

Yes, but for some reason I thought Temple had a better record than that.  Not to be a Debbie Downer, but the last 2 games that we have come from behind to beat are below average teams.  

But hey, we were losing these games previously....so progress!

image.thumb.png.24fa7b92af5e3039435101b7334b6c86.png

Guest Jonesy Bull
22 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Do we try and get back into the CBI again??

Well we ain't getting into the NIT or NCAA, so why not go for another CBI title?

I know we could technically win the Conference Tourny and go to the NCAA, but based on who we beat the last 2 games, I would say NAH!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Jonesy Bull said:

Well we ain't getting into the NIT or NCAA, so why not go for another CBI title?

I know we could technically win the Conference Tourny and go to the NCAA, but based on who we beat the last 2 games, I would say NAH!

Do you have to be 500 or better? I still can’t see us going two years in a row when it’s a pay for play set up. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
21 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Do you have to be 500 or better? I still can’t see us going two years in a row when it’s a pay for play set up. 

It doesn't say that specifically in the wiki page, so I would assume not?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/College_Basketball_Invitational

Looks like the requirements are this = 

"The CBI selects 16 teams that are not selected for the NCAA Tournament or the National Invitation Tournament[1] (NIT), and who are willing to pay a $50,000 entry fee to participate."

I actually don't think we quite make it to .500.  In that case, I would say No.