• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,091
  • Days Won:  56

Of all USF teams, this one was the least equipped to deal with UConn. There’s no Laksa, Williams, etc. on this roster. Color me beyond surprised that they led at half. Long live Jose.

Guest SittingBull
17 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Never get anyone better than CJF, coach or person.

Great guy sure, but there are better coaches.  Coach Abe up in Oviedo has
 kicked his butt in a few short years. How come she has been able to do that with Florida recruits?

10 minutes ago, SittingBull said:

Great guy sure, but there are better coaches.  Coach Abe up in Oviedo has
 kicked his butt in a few short years. How come she has been able to do that with Florida recruits?

Injuries. Would you have taken us in the two games last year if Laksa and Ferreira were playing? I would have.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

Guest SittingBull
3 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Injuries. Would you have taken us in the two games last year if Laksa and Ferreira were playing? I would have.

Historically Jose’s imports have had more injuries than any other teams we have played.  

9 hours ago, SittingBull said:

How about this game?

https://gousfbulls.com/sports/womens-basketball/stats/2016-17/ucf/boxscore/9095

While CJF was recruiting across the Atlantic,  UCF signed Aliyah Gregory the number one HS player in Tampa.

Laksa 10

Gregory : 34

https://gousfbulls.com/sports/womens-basketball/opponent-history/university-of-central-florida/34

Really? They won a game in 2016. How about that. How many had we won in a row before that? And we won THREE against them the following year in 2017-18. In the first game - Laksa 16, Gregory 4; in the second game - Laksa 32, Gregory 5; In the third game - Laksa 20, Gregory 8.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We don't have a Grace, Dickson, Williams, or Laksa on this squad. We are lacking in elite talent on this squad. 

I remember one year watching us play UCONN with Williams on the squad and thought, Williams is the only player on our squad that would break into the UCONN top 7. 

Last year with Laksa and Ferriera I think we would have had a real chance. 

Guest SittingBull

UCF has won 4 of 7 since Coach Abe was hired in April of 2016.  If Jose loses the game on Wednesday up in Oviedo.  He should be told to look for a new job.  I hear Jeff Scott is looking for a pool man with ties to USF!🧜‍♂️

6 minutes ago, SittingBull said:

UCF has won 4 of 7 since Coach Abe was hired in April of 2016.  If Jose loses the game on Wednesday up in Oviedo.  He should be told to look for a new job.  I hear Jeff Scott is looking for a pool man with ties to USF!🧜‍♂️

The guy has won no fewer than 19 games and been to the post-season for the past 8 years and you want him fired? I honestly don’t know what else to say. It’s just ridiculous.

• Upvote 2

Guest SittingBull
1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

The guy has won no fewer than 19 games and been to the post-season for the past 8 years and you want him fired? I honestly don’t know what else to say. It’s just ridiculous.

It appears that you are content with sustaining mediocrity.   Twenty years and his biggest accomplishment was 11 years ago (WNIT).

Do you actually go to the games?

(WNIT).