• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  34
  • Days Won:  0

Exactly what has he done since winning the WNIT other than choking and whining EVERY yr about 1st round of ncaa only to lose.  Who cares where you play in 1st round, winners play wherever and take up the challenge.   I like Fernandez he's done a lot for the program but I think it's time to start looking elsewhere.  Also enough with the European players, it's a different type of ball over there.  You need more tall athletic ones that can box out and rebound.  Who was the one a few yrs ago that played with courtney I forget her name.  She was good I think all time rebounder too

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  56

1 hour ago, SittingBull said:

It appears that you are content with sustaining mediocrity.   Twenty years and his biggest accomplishment was 11 years ago (WNIT).

Do you actually go to the games?

(WNIT).

Yes, I do go to some of the games. Look around, Jose’s “mediocrity” makes him the bell cow for this athletic program. He’s also stuck with the building of the program. If you gave me a guarantee that his successor would do more, fine. I don’t buy it. We’ve reached the second round of the NCAAT twice since that NIT win. Those are both better accomplishments. Honestly, I’m done with this discussion. Those that don’t learn from history are damned to repeat it. Everyone clammored for an end to Seth Greenberg’s mediocrity and where did that get us? Same went for Eddie Cardieri’s mediocrity and Jim Leavitt’s. Nothing that has followed has reached their levels of “mediocrity” yet. That is not debatable. The data is right there in the record books. You obviously have no recollection of this program pre-Jose. The only reason for your expectations is that he created them.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Bulls4ever said:

Exactly what has he done since winning the WNIT other than choking and whining EVERY yr about 1st round of ncaa only to lose.  Who cares where you play in 1st round, winners play wherever and take up the challenge.   I like Fernandez he's done a lot for the program but I think it's time to start looking elsewhere.  Also enough with the European players, it's a different type of ball over there.  You need more tall athletic ones that can box out and rebound.  Who was the one a few yrs ago that played with courtney I forget her name.  She was good I think all time rebounder too

Wish our men's team could have had the opportunity to choke in the NCAAs

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, Bulls4ever said:

I agree, the 1rd round exits in the NCAA have been dissappointing and perplexing.

But we still have one of the best if not the best consitently winning program on campus, so think you are being a bit harsh......That said, this season, I expected more than we are getting.

Guest SittingBull
49 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Yes, I do go to some of the games. Look around, Jose’s “mediocrity” makes him the bell cow for this athletic program. He’s also stuck with the building of the program. If you gave me a guarantee that his successor would do more, fine. I don’t buy it. We’ve reached the second round of the NCAAT twice since that NIT win. Those are both better accomplishments. Honestly, I’m done with this discussion. Those that don’t learn from history are damned to repeat it. Everyone clammored for an end to Seth Greenberg’s mediocrity and where did that get us? Same went for Eddie Cardieri’s mediocrity and Jim Leavitt’s. Nothing that has followed has reached their levels of “mediocrity” yet. That is not debatable. The data is right there in the record books. You obviously have no recollection of this program pre-Jose. The only reason for your expectations is that he created them.

WoW now I’m impressed,  Two first round NCAAT wins in 20 years!🙀.   BTW, IMO winning the 2009 WNIT was by far, a greater accomplishment than that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Women's_National_Invitation_Tournament

• Topic Count:  351
  • Content Count:  4,067
  • Days Won:  56

7 minutes ago, SittingBull said:

WoW now I’m impressed,  Two first round NCAAT wins in 20 years!🙀.   BTW, IMO winning the 2009 WNIT was by far, a greater accomplishment than that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Women's_National_Invitation_Tournament

We’re just going to have to agree to disagree on this topic. I think Jose deserves a statue.  GO BULLS!

Edited by Dave_Glaser

Guest SittingBull
2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

We’re just going to have to agree to disagree on this topic. I think Jose deserves a statue.  GO BULLS!

A CJF bobble head statue give away for season ticket holders after his last game would be a nice gesture.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

It's kind of insane that UCF has been able to catch up so quickly in WBB. That makes zero sense. 

CJF is a quality coach, but he's been hampered by having to play UConn every year. I feel fairly confident he would have won at least a few conference titles by now otherwise, and that would have accelerated his recruiting. 

That said, he needs to go back to recruiting the Southeast. I don't have a problem with the European players, but they just don't have the physicality and toughness of players like Grace and Williams. He's overcommited to Europe. 

• Upvote 1