• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

It's kind of insane that UCF has been able to catch up so quickly in WBB. That makes zero sense. 

CJF is a quality coach, but he's been hampered by having to play UConn every year. I feel fairly confident he would have won at least a few conference titles by now otherwise, and that would have accelerated his recruiting. 

That said, he needs to go back to recruiting the Southeast. I don't have a problem with the European players, but they just don't have the physicality and toughness of players like Grace and Williams. He's overcommited to Europe. 

I tend to agree with you.

The European players are good enough for us to have winning seasons but doesnt seem enough to get us over the hump in Tourney play.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

It's kind of insane that UCF has been able to catch up so quickly in WBB. That makes zero sense. 

CJF is a quality coach, but he's been hampered by having to play UConn every year. I feel fairly confident he would have won at least a few conference titles by now otherwise, and that would have accelerated his recruiting. 

That said, he needs to go back to recruiting the Southeast. I don't have a problem with the European players, but they just don't have the physicality and toughness of players like Grace and Williams. He's overcommited to Europe. 

No UCONN and we probably have a half dozen conference championships. We're a G5 conference saddled with a P5 powerhouse that sticks out like a sore thumb in WBB.

Guest Jonesy Bull
35 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

No UCONN and we probably have a half dozen conference championships. We're a G5 conference saddled with a P5 powerhouse that sticks out like a sore thumb in WBB.

Well that will be ending soon wont it.

The problem is a CC is still not a guarantee with teams like ucf and cincy having caught up with us.  But at least we will have a fighting chance.

Guest SittingBull
46 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Jose’s team hasn’t finished in second place half a dozen times.

Guest SittingBull
1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

How many USF WBB games have you been to?  When we were in the big leagues (BEast), we never finished higher than tied for 6th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jose_Fernandez_(basketball)

Edited by SittingBull

Guest SittingBull
On 2/17/2020 at 5:53 PM, bullsbucsfan426 said:It's kind of insane that UCF has been able to catch up so quickly in WBB. That makes zero sense. 

UCF’s not the only FL school beating Jose.

https://gousfbulls.com/sports/womens-basketball/opponent-history/florida-gulf-coast/63

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Smesko

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/usa-today/wbca-coaches

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/basketball-women/d1/ncaa-womens-basketball-rpi

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jonesy Bull

Conference Tourney this weekend.  We get Tulsa/Tulane in the Quarterfinals, then UCONN.

So at 18-12, and likely one win in the conference tourney, is this a WNIT type team?  I haven't checked, but I doubt they are being mentioned for the NCAA's.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

21 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Conference Tourney this weekend.  We get Tulsa/Tulane in the Quarterfinals, then UCONN.

So at 18-12, and likely one win in the conference tourney, is this a WNIT type team?  I haven't checked, but I doubt they are being mentioned for the NCAA's.

WNIT for sure. Probably a 3 or 4 seed. 

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

Our only chance for an NCAA bid would be to win the conference tourney which won't happen as we aren't getting further then the semifinals. As far as WNIT we should be in there just not sure what type of seed we would be. Wont be a 1 seed in WNIT

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

Bulls to face Tulane