• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB : So you say there's a chance ......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

On 1/26/2020 at 1:12 PM, Triple B said:

He wasn't talking an at large bid ...

LOLOL he was talking about winning the conference tournament? I'm glad I didn't read that drivel then 

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

this year seems lost

hope alot of help is coming

Guest Jonesy Bull
53 minutes ago, smazza said:

this year seems lost

hope alot of help is coming

Based on whats coming in and a healthy Yetna.  We should be better to much better next year.  Barring of course injuries, dismisals, and transfer outs.  And with this program, that kind of thing is almost expected, unfortunately.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Based on whats coming in and a healthy Yetna.  We should be better to much better next year.  Barring of course injuries, dismisals, and transfer outs.  And with this program, that kind of thing is almost expected, unfortunately.

No way I am prepared to say that we are going to be top 5 in the Conf next year though. I am concerned about too many of the current positions. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

14 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

LOLOL he was talking about winning the conference tournament? I'm glad I didn't read that drivel then 

Drivel would have been talking about an at-large bid with the number of games still left to play and the way we're playing right now. Winning the conference should have better odds right now than an at-large bid ....... as infinitesimal as those odds are.

5 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Based on whi is coming back and in, I would expect this team to finish in the top half of the conference next season (Top 6). 5th or 6th place should be good for the NIT, 4th place likely has us on the NCAAT bubble and Top 3 should get us into the NCAAT.'

I think that expecting to win the conference next year is foolish, but my expectations for next season are to see this team make the NCAAT or a deep run in the NIT. With all of the belly aching going on around how the loss Yetna torpedoed our season, I'd suspect he'll have a MAJOR impact on the results we see next season.

As much as Yetna, and hopefully Anderson/Murphy, contributing next year should have an impact, there also may be, and I really hate ******* saying it, an addition by subtraction factor involved also.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,855
  • Days Won:  67

6 hours ago, Triple B said:

As much as Yetna, and hopefully Anderson/Murphy, contributing next year should have an impact, there also may be, and I really hate ******* saying it, an addition by subtraction factor involved also.

Trips that was some serious hate but can’t say I totally disagree with you.  When you have a guy that can spread the floor and play above the rim and will be on an NBA roster In the next 2 years he makes everyone better.  I won’t miss watching that disjointed FT shot though, we were better for having him these past couple years.

24 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I won’t miss watching that disjointed FT shot though, we were better for having him these past couple years.

I think his contributions here have been more intangible than tangible with CBG trying to build a program from scratch predicated on defense ....

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,855
  • Days Won:  67

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think his contributions here have been more intangible than tangible with CBG trying to build a program from scratch predicated on defense ....

Tough kid with grit making something out of nothing, enjoyed last year at the SMU game with 30 of his his extended family from Louisiana chanting Q every time he scored.  Collins with the game winning 3 to go 17-7 (I think, too lazy to look it up) either way feels like a long time ago.  Next year is our year

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  1

They return 6 of the top 8, bring back Yetna, and assume development of a few younger players.  Will be an 18-22 win team.  Houston is the class of the conference.  We can compete with the rest other than perhaps Memphis.