• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB : So you say there's a chance ......

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

4 hours ago, Friscobull said:

We won our last conference tourney 30 years ago so we are due, however there is literally no chance, he is trying to drum up some interest by making a completely outlandish statement that will not happen. Kinda amateur but some times you need to got to these lengths when covering our hoops team.

Poor JK.  When he bashes us we bash him.  When he writes a positive story we bash him.  WTF?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Poor JK.  When he bashes us we bash him.  When he writes a positive story we bash him.  WTF?

When your team is awful the fans will bash everyone, that is what we do.  For him to say we could win the tourney is ludicrous and he deserves to be called out for being a moron.  I have always been ok with him and have no problem when he bashes us because we deserve it, just don’t go fantasyland on us is my only request.  

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 hours ago, Triple B said:

Nobody in their right mind would bet on it happening but it wouldn't surprise me going on that type run if the offense gets a pulse at tourney time ....

Stranger things have happened.  But this team has given us almost no reason to believe they have the ability to string 3 or 4 quality wins in a row.  Except for some in game stretches like FSU.  But we still didnt win.

Unfortunately Im pretty much checked out for this season.  Still follow and hope they win.  But more looking forward to us turning it around next year.

Guess ill turn my attention to the Lightning and Vipers.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

His attendance obsession cut a deep deep gash in some fans and they, to this day, just can't stop the bleeding ...

Guest Jonesy Bull
16 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Right around the start of the conference schedule I really believed that this team's best basketball was ahead of them. I clearly miscalculated the ability of this coaching staff and players to make a run, let alone a stand.

The bottom has fallen out on this season and this looks more like a team coached by Antigua or Heath towards the end of his tenure.

OK, I have to call you out on that.....We are much much much better coached by this year's version of CBG then ever by Antigua.

Yes, we have been losing alot, but have stayed in alot of games against very good competition.

38 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Not offensively - which has been the limit of my criticism. We've tayed in those games because of our defense, and lost them because of our offense. That is the distinction.

We haven't fielded an average OER since Heath.

OER.thumb.jpg.908b2f43aa2096d2bf574cd84b8b28ab.jpg

Wow. From 2011 to 2016.  Ouch.  

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

Not offensively - which has been the limit of my criticism. We've tayed in those games because of our defense, and lost them because of our offense. That is the distinction.

We haven't fielded an average OER since Heath.

OER.thumb.jpg.908b2f43aa2096d2bf574cd84b8b28ab.jpg

I'll give you Heath, but I still don't see how you can possibly compare Antigua to Gregory in any way.  I'm not saying Gregory is the next coming, but Antigua was a complete disaster.

7 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Over the last 3 games we have an OER ranking of 351 out of 353 schools.

Over that span we are 9 of 57 from 3 point range (15.8%). Collins and Rideau are a combined 2 of 22 (9.1%).

No Bueno.  

4 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Over the last 3 games we have an OER ranking of 351 out of 353 schools.

Over that span we are 9 of 57 from 3 point range (15.8%). Collins and Rideau are a combined 2 of 22 (9.1%).

I really appreciate you providing all the data in your posts, the team to me is unwatchable and now I see why.  They went into halftime yesterday down 8 and I went to Costco with my wife instead of watching the second half already knowing how this shat show plays out.  I   still am in CBG’s corner due to what is coming in  next year and the Yetna injury, Kiir exit challenges however the guy sure lost a lot of that shine.  

10 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

You're welcome. I have a tendancy to be data driven due to my job and believe that data can tell you what the root cause of issues are and ultimately tell what you need to do in most cases. 

I believe data can help us find the root cause of our numerous problems in hoops, not sure how beneficial it is on what we need to do though.  We don’t shoot well from 3, FT’s, short mid and long range jumpers.  The data simply tells us we need players that can shoot. Maybe we can just double our efforts in practice and this might fix it😀.