• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My sources say...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

this is what I know about this season. First four games cronk had 33 attempts and we were 1-3, the second four he had 75 attempts and we were 3-1. that's not a coincidence. Get the man the **** ball. 

You just don't understand the nuances of the game and the fact those things are actually the exact same thing. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

We go as Cronk goes. Its been that way for two years. His workload has had a significant change in the latter part of the season. Whether you call that a change in philosophy or not, its what is happening on the field. I don't recall KB saying anything about how good his running game was gonna be though. Everything was baout how he was gonna air it out.  

Ckb Offense last year at Valdosta state Ran for over 250 yards a game. He wants to be balanced and be able to have explosive players passing the ball and running the ball. People at Valdosta state have been complaining about there team this year that the coach is running the same plays and isn’t aggressive down the field and aren’t game planning vs the defense  They only scored 20 points last week with the same players vs a team that they scored over 50 points on last year! I believe his pro style philosophy’s are great for us if he gets a chance to recruit because like you have seen he is able to change formations and still be able to run his offense out of different personnel’s to Get the most out of the little talent we have. 

3 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

Ckb Offense last year at Valdosta state Ran for over 250 yards a game. He wants to be balanced and be able to have explosive players passing the ball and running the ball. People at Valdosta state have been complaining about there team this year that the coach is running the same plays and isn’t aggressive down the field and aren’t game planning vs the defense  They only scored 20 points last week with the same players vs a team that they scored over 50 points on last year! I believe his pro style philosophy’s are great for us if he gets a chance to recruit because like you have seen he is able to change formations and still be able to run his offense out of different personnel’s to Get the most out of the little talent we have. 

I think we are currently demonstrating that our talent level is at worst on par with the teams we faced and that we were making great strides in willfully misusing them with our play calling.

Edited by puc86

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

The only play that I felt was reminiscent of KB's offense as I have observed it prior to here in both route, primary receiver and execution, happened to be my favorite play, was the pass for Rygol to Horne TD. We had more than 100 yds less than his average in passing while at Valdosta, while having less yards per catch and fewer attempts. Also at Valdosta the TE was the 14th leading receiver on the team coming in below the FB and just above the QB with 3.36 yards per game which is not the same as having two of your top 5 players in receiving be TEs.  There is absolutely no way that you believe these things are the same and you were seeing them all season especially in regards to TE as KB has never utilized them in his life besides when he was having two line up for us for the sole purpose of blocking. 

As of right now our best player on offense is suspended and watching the games we don’t have other explosive players. Yes there are times our receivers have been open and qb has missed them or receivers have dropped the ball. Probably the reason why both tight ends are doing so well because they catch the ball when they get it. The play designs are there. We have even threw some screens to the receivers. Issue is we don’t have another player like ford. Or like we use to have here. We lost some good players and also some talented fast guys have left/pushed out the program. I think ckb has done the best he could with the situation he is in. He has made changes and made adjustments to help our players and isn’t just mailing it in running the same plays. Hopefully he gets the time to get what he needs. If not I fear he will be successful some where else and we will regret it! 

Last year ckb tight ends caught 9 touchdowns. But they were more blockers and not like Wilcox. Also the big wr #3 at Valdosta state played a lot of tight end. Some years at Jacksonville he played with a tight end. Some years he didn’t. When he first got hired here ckb stated that his system will be based on the players he has. If he has 2 good RBs he would play them both. Like him moving ford to slot. If he has a bunch of good receivers he will play them or like this year we have better tight ends so he is playing them more. I also believe a lot of good Oc’s gameplan vs the defense and put the best formations on the field to be successful that week. 

4 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

Last year ckb tight ends caught 9 touchdowns. But they were more blockers and not like Wilcox. Also the big wr #3 at Valdosta state played a lot of tight end. Some years at Jacksonville he played with a tight end. Some years he didn’t. When he first got hired here ckb stated that his system will be based on the players he has. If he has 2 good RBs he would play them both. Like him moving ford to slot. If he has a bunch of good receivers he will play them or like this year we have better tight ends so he is playing them more. I also believe a lot of good Oc’s gameplan vs the defense and put the best formations on the field to be successful that week. 

Last year at Valdosta there were two players labeled as TEs of which one of them had any catches and they had 6. 

image.thumb.png.6fcf3fb5c005fb6ff92468b0390dce2f.png

image.thumb.png.a08dbe1ab3f7df9029c5a11470eef5e8.png

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

I will meet you in the middle because I am a nice and reasonable guy and say the philosophy has changed and not the system and ignore the fact that the TE has not been a part of his system and was used 14x as much last game as the past and 2x as much as this season. Still you cant ignore that he is doing things differently than he has in the past, what he said he would do here and what he has attempted to do since he has been here and that utilizing the TE (which he has never done before) and becoming a run first offense (which he has never done before) is having a profound impact on the the team and the results and those are pretty big changes that can't simply dismissed as calling the same plays a little differently it is a huge difference and the only reason for the offense looking serviceable instead of 120th out of 130th. I suppose if an OC calls a hail marry once a game but then begins calling it 50% of plays you would consider it the exact same offense because it was located somewhere in the playbook.   

I recall an interview KB did before the season when he said that his previous TE's were not the playmakers he now has at USF and that he would have to tweek his system to take advantage of this talent. 

3 minutes ago, Cornada said:

I recall an interview KB did before the season when he said that his previous TE's were not the playmakers he now has at USF and that he would have to tweek his system to take advantage of this talent. 

That's odd because it seemed like only 20 days ago he was still saying that the TE's had to get used to blocking more and getting the ball less because we were going to continue to spread the ball around (read have the qb run around getting murdered and when they are lucky throwing it into the turf) https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bulls/2019/10/10/usf-tight-end-mitch-wilcoxs-role-increasing-even-if-targets-arent/

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, Bullgrad84 said:

As of right now our best player on offense is suspended and watching the games we don’t have other explosive players. 

I disagree. I don’t think Ford is our best offensive player. I think Wilcox is and I think it’s a close 2nd between Ford and Cronkrite, but I would probably give the nod to Cronkrite. Ford is an amazing player but I don’t necessarily think he’s our best.