• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wins Mask Issues

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,408
  • Days Won:  43

6 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Stay with me.  No mention of QF.  This is an observation of JM.  He was not good yesterday.  

But he was not that terrible and he did what he had to do to help team win. He had at times great pocket presence where he would avoid a sack and run for positive yards. He has the IT factor that KB has been preaching. To think McCloud won’t learn and improve moving forward is just negative thinking 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

6 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Who was talking about how good McCloud looked yesterday?

1 minute ago, Bull Daly said:

But he was not that terrible and he did what he had to do to help team win. He had at times great pocket presence where he would avoid a sack and run for positive yards. He has the IT factor that KB has been preaching. To think McCloud won’t learn and improve moving forward is just negative thinking 

I’m with you I’m with you that he has raw talent and should continue to improve.  Yesterday was just not his day.  He looked poor.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291
  • Days Won:  0

I think his hand still hurt from few weeks ago?

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,408
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, Bausfkid said:

I’m with you I’m with you that he has raw talent and should continue to improve.  Yesterday was just not his day.  He looked poor.

I’m watching the replay right now and best part that I noticed is KB chewing him out on the side line when he overthrew McDoom. KB was teaching him right there and it looks like he was motioning how the route was supposed to go and McCloud missed it. I think it is correctable as it looks like miscommunications. Think he is trying to learn the offense. If he doesn’t next season, I’m sure KB will find someone that will pick up his offense. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166

39 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So he is no longer in the running for the Heisman? I really misread that 72 yards passing. Part of me is starting to suspect that the reason only the back up QB looks good in KBs offense maybe because of the scheme itself is not meant for our world.

His Offense has worked every where it has been! He’s a great recruiter of talent and when he gets his guys like always he will have a explosive, balanced, efficient offense! He produced the greatest offense in d2 history. Same division where Brian kelly coached. Also broke all of mike leach records who runs the air raid and coached at Vsu. Also Dana holgerson coached there!

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Bullgrad84 said:

His Offense has worked every where it has been! He’s a great recruiter of talent and when he gets his guys like always he will have a explosive, balanced, efficient offense! He produced the greatest offense in d2 history. Same division where Brian kelly coached. Also broke all of mike leach records who runs the air raid and coached at Vsu. Also Dana holgerson coached there!

By everywhere you mean DII? He has never once produced at this level and looks poised to continue that streak.

17 minutes ago, Blackice12 said:

I am not sure why it has been so hard for USF to recruit a QB who can throw the ball accurately. If McCloud was injured yesterday then I understand but if he was not those passes were woefully off.  He missed McDoom 3 times over the last 2 games and those would have been TDs.  

Not sure what it takes to get better but there is not much time if this team wants to go to a bowl game.  

Ckb can recruit QBs and has always found guys that can play! Let him find his Qb and more explosive guys at wr and we will light it up! His Qb last year as a sophomore came in 2nd for d2 Heisman. He also fit the offense around his Qb Rogan wells ran a lot of read plays and was a big part of the run game.

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

By everywhere you mean DII? He has never once produced at this level and looks poised to continue that streak.

Yeah neither did Brian kelly or leach or Holgorsen until they got the opportunity. At fcs he also lead the country in Points Per Game in 2010. In high school won state championship in 4 years at brand new school, at Jacksonville year 1 they won 3 games, year 2 won the conference championship, at Vsu 3rd year won conference and natty, 1st undefeated Vsu team and most points in d2 history. A lot of coaches were high school coaches intill there chance, Gus Malzahn went for high school to Arkansas and also briles was a high school coach 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

Yeah neither did Brian kelly or leach or Holgorsen until they got the opportunity. At fcs he also lead the country in Points Per Game in 2010. In high school won state championship in 4 years at brand new school, at Jacksonville year 1 they won 3 games, year 2 won the conference championship, at Vsu 3rd year won conference and natty, 1st undefeated Vsu team and most points in d2 history. A lot of coaches were high school coaches intill there chance, Gus Malzahn went for high school to Arkansas and also briles was a high school coach 

These two things are not the same, it’s not even close 

01EE87A3-7096-4588-A3D2-D641232AC2CF.png

BE193924-CDEA-4FD2-899A-74A19AAE907E.png

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

43 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I know this doesn't sound like me but I think we all know this team is flawed - but being able to overcome your flaws and succeed reveals character. This iteration of this team isn't going to win the AAC but finishing with 6 wins and a bowl game would be vastly overperforming their level of play we saw in the first two games of the season and a 6-4 finish, while a bit if a stretch, should be the goal now.

the fact that they showed no quit means a lot.