• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Meanwhile in Orlando

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Days Won:  0

33 minutes ago, JTrue said:

1) Clearly, you did choose to be identified as a Knight.

2) General observation. And I've explained that it has never occurred to me to go looking on other school's sites. Wouldn’t know what their feelings are.

3) Eh, I'm moderately intelligent. But, that's probably overselling myself.

1) I did

2) The reason I used Alabama as an example is they are a clear example of the divorce between a team's performance and the insecurity of the fanbase. Despite Bama being a clear top 2 in CFB, their fans compulsively attack UCF fans, Clemson fans, and anyone who questions the SEC.

On paper, they shouldn't care what anyone thinks of them. But in reality, they engage with people constantly to defend and convince about their superiority. 

CFB gives a person unaware of their insecurity or uncomfortable with their life a way to disguise that as 'concern for the team and defending it's reputation'.  

The pertinence of this is that you seem to have a lot of concerns about other people's insecurities and a strong need to defend USF's reputation. You explain that you can't be insecure because USF is a top 80 program. 

I hope I've given you some food for thought, but I'm pretty sure all of that went over your head. You can make your own choices on how to respond. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

7 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

1) I did

2) The reason I used Alabama as an example is they are a clear example of the divorce between a team's performance and the insecurity of the fanbase. Despite Bama being a clear top 2 in CFB, their fans compulsively attack UCF fans, Clemson fans, and anyone who questions the SEC.

On paper, they shouldn't care what anyone thinks of them. But in reality, they engage with people constantly to defend and convince about their superiority. 

CFB gives a person unaware of their insecurity or uncomfortable with their life a way to disguise that as 'concern for the team and defending it's reputation'.  

The pertinence of this is that you seem to have a lot of concerns about other people's insecurities and a strong need to defend USF's reputation. You explain that you can't be insecure because USF is a top 80 program. 

I hope I've given you some food for thought, but I'm pretty sure all of that went over your head. You can make your own choices on how to respond. 

Not really. I stopped reading a long time ago. Something something Alabama. You pivoted back to my being a USF fan. I’m not very invested in this argument. Let’s pick it back up on your board when I go over there to post.

Edited by JTrue

43 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Not really. I stopped reading a long time ago. Something something Alabama. You pivoted back to my being a USF fan. I’m not very invested in this argument. Let’s pick it back up on your board when I go over there to post.

Not an unexpected response. That sounds good, let's try again the next time you and I engage. 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

So in addition to low wage service industry workers, it appears that UCF also churns out crappy psych majors.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

So in addition to low wage service industry workers, it appears that UCF also churns out crappy psych majors.

Not a psych major, but I would be happy to discuss where you're coming from, assuming that's why you chimed in. 

Please, comment further if that was your intention. 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Where are you coming from? This thread is about the prevalence of UCF fans or alumni in low wage service industry positions and how universal the dislike for UCFs nonsense is even in Orlando. Not sure why this is unclear.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

Where are you coming from? This thread is about the prevalence of UCF fans or alumni in low wage service industry positions and how universal the dislike for UCFs nonsense is even in Orlando. Not sure why this is unclear.

Just pointing out that some of the dislike and even the need to talk about UCF might be coming from USF fans' own insecurities, using examples from this very thread. Also, I can weigh in as one of the rare UCF fans that aren't in a low wage service industry position. 

But enough about me, let's talk about you. You seem to see yourself to be a psychology expert, were you a psych major? 

Edit: I make that assumption because of how you weighed in. It seems to be important to you that people know your value in evaluating psychology. 

Edited by atsKnight

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

20 minutes ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

Where are you coming from?

I think he thinks he's winning some sort of battle of the wits because we keep responding to him. Kind of old school message board trollery ..... I'm guessing he's waiting for the right moment to drop a "pwned" in.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think he thinks he's winning some sort of battle of the wits because we keep responding to him. Kind of old school message board trollery ..... I'm guessing he's waiting for the right moment to drop a "pwned" in.

Joke's on him, I only post here when I'm pooping.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

24 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

Just pointing out that some of the dislike and even the need to talk about UCF might be coming from USF fans' own insecurities, using examples from this very thread. Also, I can weigh in as one of the rare UCF fans that aren't in a low wage service industry position. 

But enough about me, let's talk about you. You seem to see yourself to be a psychology expert, were you a psych major? 

Edit: I make that assumption because of how you weighed in. It seems to be important to you that people know your value in evaluating psychology. 

This is some pretty lame trolling