• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Meanwhile in Orlando

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, atsKnight said:

Scheduling philosophy was just a part of the discussion. Do you really need me to recap the whole thing? Thanks for not trying to wow me with your reading comprehension. 

I was clear that participating in discussions on this site is interesting for me to see your, let's say unique, reactions but also helps to gauge where UCF is as a program, by comparing you to past rivals. 

Now I've explained my reasons for posting about UCF on this board, what's your reason? 

And you pointedly have refused to answer or even acknowledge my hypothesis about insecurity, which is probably more telling than you intend it to be. 

This is where my point comes in, you’ve been beating this drum about having discussions for two days now and nobody is engaging. But you keep showing up. This is called stalking in real life.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Days Won:  0

10 minutes ago, JTrue said:

This is where my point comes in, you’ve been beating this drum about having discussions for two days now and nobody is engaging. But you keep showing up. This is called stalking in real life.

Ha! I wonder if other USF alums are cringing when they see you reply to a post and say "nobody is engaging".  Honestly, JTrue, seeing your unique responses is a lot of the good stuff here for me. 

Still no thoughts or acknowledgement of my hypothesis about your own insecurity?

2 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

Still no thoughts or acknowledgement of my hypothesis about your own insecurity?

I’m saving them for when I create my own account and start hanging around UCF sites.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

Ha! I wonder if other USF alums are cringing when they see you reply to a post and say "nobody is engaging".  Honestly, JTrue, seeing your unique responses is a lot of the good stuff here for me. 

I’m quite secure, as I’m not working in a low wage service position... not that there’s anything wrong with that. Or were you referring to something else outside of this topic?

38 minutes ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

I’m quite secure, as I’m not working in a low wage service position... not that there’s anything wrong with that. Or were you referring to something else outside of this topic?

Sorry for any miscommunication, I was referring to JTrue's insecurities. I haven't interacted with you at any length to comment. 

But JTrue is one of those classic insecure people that think they're doing a good job covering it up. I posited a hypothesis to him that he keeps turning the conversation to other people's insecurity because he's projecting. As expected, he's having trouble directly responding. 

It's much more of working theory than a hypothesis, but sometimes if you propose things indirectly, it can help people to realize new things on their own. 

53 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

Sorry for any miscommunication, I was referring to JTrue's insecurities. I haven't interacted with you at any length to comment. 

But JTrue is one of those classic insecure people that think they're doing a good job covering it up. I posited a hypothesis to him that he keeps turning the conversation to other people's insecurity because he's projecting. As expected, he's having trouble directly responding. 

It's much more of working theory than a hypothesis, but sometimes if you propose things indirectly, it can help people to realize new things on their own. 

USF is one of the top 50 best public schools in the country and our football team is somewhere around the 80th best in the FBS. Which part am I insecure about?

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

USF is one of the top 50 best public schools in the country and our football team is somewhere around the 80th best in the FBS. Which part am I insecure about?

First off, that was a pretty weird flex. But even if it wasn't and USF was in the top 10 in academics and athletics, anyone whose security depends on their school rankings is insecure. Rankings can go up and down and there's always someone better than you. Even if you were top 2, you always have the knowledge that there is a better school out there. Do Alabama fans seem secure to you? Did you talk to any Harvard alumni after the grades scandal?

Security can't come from your alma mater. What if you did go to the best school but you weren't top of the class? What if you were top of the class but not considered successful? What if you were the most successful but you're burning out and your marriage sucks?

8 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

First off, that was a pretty weird flex. But even if it wasn't and USF was in the top 10 in academics and athletics, anyone whose security depends on their school rankings is insecure. Rankings can go up and down and there's always someone better than you. Even if you were top 2, you always have the knowledge that there is a better school out there. Do Alabama fans seem secure to you? Did you talk to any Harvard alumni after the grades scandal?

Security can't come from your alma mater. What if you did go to the best school but you weren't top of the class? What if you were top of the class but not considered successful? What if you were the most successful but you're burning out and your marriage sucks?

So now my insecurity isn’t about USF? This is some deep ****. Keep it coming. And this is some weak ass trolling, by the way. My friends on here take better shots at me.

Edited by JTrue

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

So now my insecurity isn’t about USF? This is some deep ****. Keep it coming. And this is some weak ass trolling, by the way. My friends on here take better shots at me.

I'm not really sure how to respond to this. Do you think a person's level of insecurity is tied to how their college football team is doing?

Was the shot you're referring to me talking about Bama fans' insecurities? Do you look up to them and feel slighted because I don't have your level of reverence?

I'm trying to figure out what level of understanding and self-awareness you have on this stuff. 

40 minutes ago, atsKnight said:

I'm not really sure how to respond to this. Do you think a person's level of insecurity is tied to how their college football team is doing?

Was the shot you're referring to me talking about Bama fans' insecurities? Do you look up to them and feel slighted because I don't have your level of reverence?

I'm trying to figure out what level of understanding and self-awareness you have on this stuff. 

1) Clearly, you did choose to be identified as a Knight.

2) General observation. And I've explained that it has never occurred to me to go looking on other school's sites. Wouldn’t know what their feelings are.

3) Eh, I'm moderately intelligent. But, that's probably overselling myself.

Edited by JTrue