• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Free Tickets to SC State Game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

free?

That doesn’t seem to be low enough to entice enough people.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

34 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That doesn’t seem to be low enough to entice enough people.

Pay me to go? 

2 hours ago, Nick Carroll said:

I see a lot of negative comments on this thread. This is a challenge put on us season ticket holders to get more people to the game that may not go otherwise. Y’all wanted more butts in the seats but mock when a company is trying to help do just that. Just tired of the negativity. Yes we all hate losing but it doesn’t help to complain the access to free tickets. Over it. 

I think most people are frustrated because they had a hard enough time getting people to use the tickets they had and now they have more tickets that they feel burdened to get people to go and people are starting to not answer our phone calls because we are becoming like multi level marketers. It’s a nice gesture and sure we should be appropriative but when we know the entire stadium could have been filled for free and yet 18k people will be there it’s just not fun. When you are winning everything you do is great and genius but when you lose every game you play everything the coach, the program, or anyone does isn’t going to be appreciated. 

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

46 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think most people are frustrated because they had a hard enough time getting people to use the tickets they had and now they have more tickets that they feel burdened to get people to go and people are starting to not answer our phone calls because we are becoming like multi level marketers. It’s a nice gesture and sure we should be appropriative but when we know the entire stadium could have been filled for free and yet 18k people will be there it’s just not fun. When you are winning everything you do is great and genius but when you lose every game you play everything the coach, the program, or anyone does isn’t going to be appreciated. 

I understand the frustration. I have it too. However offering someone a free ticket to tailgate and a game is an easy thing to do. If you’re waiting for USF to be a top 10 team consistently to be a fan then you weren’t a fan when they were playing in trailers. There is a 1000 excuses to not show up tomorrow. I won’t judge those who don’t. However strength in character isn’t gained in wins but when the team is down. Support them now and celebrate them when they are on top. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

16 minutes ago, Nick Carroll said:

I understand the frustration. I have it too. However offering someone a free ticket to tailgate and a game is an easy thing to do. If you’re waiting for USF to be a top 10 team consistently to be a fan then you weren’t a fan when they were playing in trailers. There is a 1000 excuses to not show up tomorrow. I won’t judge those who don’t. However strength in character isn’t gained in wins but when the team is down. Support them now and celebrate them when they are on top. 

Let me clarify that I am not a homer. Just a positive person. I dislike nay sayers. I always feel that the Bulls can find a path to greatness. I criticize decisions made but I will still support the program. I don’t feel that they need to earn my fandom. Like a marriage I am there for the ups and downs. I don’t bail out when things are rough. I dig in my heels and push forward through the suck. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

9 minutes ago, Nick Carroll said:

Let me clarify that I am not a homer. Just a positive person. I dislike nay sayers. I always feel that the Bulls can find a path to greatness. I criticize decisions made but I will still support the program. I don’t feel that they need to earn my fandom. Like a marriage I am there for the ups and downs. I don’t bail out when things are rough. I dig in my heels and push forward through the suck. 

You don't need to clarify anything. We just have some fans here that feel it is their moral duty to meticulously look for, and point out, all dark linings in any silver cloud ...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nick Carroll said:

You are a good fan and there is nothing wrong with that. If we were responsible for any part of the program I would agree that more is gained from a positive attitude than a negative one and that being negative is self defeating however as mere spectators there isn’t much effect our attitude should have on the actual results of the program. Some people have to laugh in order to keep going because plenty of people that have tried the brave face approach have been part of our yearly attrition of fans. Also wives come and go but your Alma mater is forever.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

14 hours ago, Nick Carroll said:

I see a lot of negative comments on this thread. This is a challenge put on us season ticket holders to get more people to the game that may not go otherwise. Y’all wanted more butts in the seats but mock when a company is trying to help do just that. Just tired of the negativity. Yes we all hate losing but it doesn’t help to complain the access to free tickets. Over it. 

Sports marketing 101: Free tickets are a bad bad idea.

Ask anyone in the business.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Joe said:

Sports marketing 101: Free tickets are a bad bad idea.

Ask anyone in the business.

I agree 💯. I understand where people are coming from when they think they have empty seats why not fill them, but all it does is devalue your product and has little to no upside as most people don’t show up and if they do they are probably not going to convert to paying customers when you started the value at zero.