• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF needs discipline

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  26
  • Days Won:  0

USF is a good football program, and I mean a very good program, rich with talent and alot to offer any recruit. Facilities are more than adequate, I see so many similarities to a UCF team of not that long ago. Lack of discipline, there is a cancer in the locker room, not pointing fingers, but you feel it, either players have lost respect for coaches decisions, or they are not buying into a certain playing philosophy. Seen it. USF is just one mental aspect away from being very good again. Maybe a coaching change ? I did not like old school OLeary, and in the end, his departure was a good thing. Not sure canning CS is the right move now, but an intervention of sorts is needed. It will take just one player to step up and own it. Even fans, much like we did, are trying to pinpoint issues but somehow not seeing the real problem. I am a fan of college football, pure and simple, and a realist, a bad USF team does nothing for the conference. I sure hope USF gets their ship (pun intended) righted quickly. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,268
  • Days Won:  25

6 hours ago, Ron Lighthall said:

USF is a good football program, and I mean a very good program, rich with talent and alot to offer any recruit. Facilities are more than adequate, I see so many similarities to a UCF team of not that long ago. Lack of discipline, there is a cancer in the locker room, not pointing fingers, but you feel it, either players have lost respect for coaches decisions, or they are not buying into a certain playing philosophy. Seen it. USF is just one mental aspect away from being very good again. Maybe a coaching change ? I did not like old school OLeary, and in the end, his departure was a good thing. Not sure canning CS is the right move now, but an intervention of sorts is needed. It will take just one player to step up and own it. Even fans, much like we did, are trying to pinpoint issues but somehow not seeing the real problem. I am a fan of college football, pure and simple, and a realist, a bad USF team does nothing for the conference. I sure hope USF gets their ship (pun intended) righted quickly. 

It all starts with the captain of the ship that is sinking. Charlie is a strict disciplinarian on the field, but all of his teams have always had a lot of penalties. The TEXAS forums have a lot of complaints about it. I do not know what the issue is and how to fix it. I think it maybe how he prepares the team and runs practices, but I have zero evidence to support my claim.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455

11 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

It all starts with the captain of the ship that is sinking.

Problem is that the captain "always" goes down with the ship. We need a full on mutiny and have the captain walk the plank.

Just now, BDYZR said:

Problem is that the captain "always" goes down with the ship. We need a full on mutiny and have the captain walk the plank.

The problem is USF Football cannot afford the buyout. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, TheGreatOutlaw said:

And USF can’t afford to keep him.  Attendance and donations will dry up

difficult situation for sure

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

87DE1CA6-3A28-4F2C-8048-6D6014D93BB7.jpeg

Just now, puc86 said:

87DE1CA6-3A28-4F2C-8048-6D6014D93BB7.jpeg

I raise you 5 more so that makes 10! We got $15 right now, can you now convince CCS to resign with that? If anyone can argue CCS to submission it is you.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

I raise you 5 more so that makes 10! We got $15 right now, can you now convince CCS to resign with that? If anyone can argue CCS to submission it is you.

Who really needs an indoor practice facility? We can just divert those funds and ask for them again next year. It typically only takes us a little less than a decade to raise the kind of scratch we are assuming we need to buy CCS. Me annoying him may actually be one of our best shots or one of our kids can just get on the team and make up a story about getting hit or choked, assuming anyone would actually cover the story here now (maybe if we could get TSA to publicly announce it joey would cover it out of force of habit).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455

21 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Read my post in the Mike Kelly thread.

21 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Read my post in the Mike Kelly thread.

I agree with you sir. We are allies.