• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hold off the Bowl Talk!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not convinved this team is our best ever just yet.

Our 9-2 2002 team was very competitive and loaded with some outstanding players. Maybe comparing the two would make for a nice topic this week. Bowl situations are wee bit early -- lots of football and games to win before we can countthose chickens just yet.

Funny, they may not be AT THIS POINT.  But man, look at what is GOING to be.  Man, I can't get over how young we really are.  We're competing this year when most, including myself, only saw 5 wins or so if we managed to get lucky.  

My green and gold glasses were broken last year, but I am really excited about THIS year and our future.  

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

there is no harm in the talk... the players play, the fans talk.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

Its just easy to talk about because this is the first season that it is a true reality (other than getting screwed in '02).

From a confident fans perspective, looking at the schedule it is easy to say that we can pull a Bucs/Ravens and let the defense carry us to another 3-5 wins if the offense happens to not come around. If the offense comes around its just another weapon. If one of those wins comes against WVU there is no reason to believe we won't win the BE outright.

Looking at it from a realists standpoint it is obviously pre-mature to talk about now because at this point the spectrum ranges from winning the Big East and going to a BCS bowl to getting shut-out completely.

Still having to play WVU, Rutgers and UConn, if we lose 2 of those 3 we very well could be on the outside looking in considering there are only 3 conference bowl tie-ins after the BCS bid.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

i guess im just one of those fans who would rather be about it than talk about it.  right now West Virgina is clearly in the drivers seat for the BCS Bid.  UNTIL we knock them off, we don't have anything to talk about.  

why are they in the drivers seat any more than USF or any undeafeated conferece team for that matter?

Guest Bullfireman

For all of this BCS talk (in various spreads), I need to bring my beloved bulls fans back down to earth.  If, big if, we win the Big East, there is no way the Orange Bowl Committee would select the Bulls (not because they don't like us - it's a money issue). I know because the committee told me directly (they are my client in the financial area).

Sorry - but I am posting this so we can be realistic.  A bowl game yes, a BCS bowl possibly (but not in the Orange Bowl).

Although I would love to think of the Bulls in a bowl game, I was at the Miami game and we need alot of work.  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

IF we get the BCS, none of the bowls are going to be happy to get us.  We haven't proven that we travel well or that we are competitive with upper tier BCS schools.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

IF we get the BCS, none of the bowls are going to be happy to get us.  We haven't proven that we travel well or that we are competitive with upper tier BCS schools.

Exactly, thats probably why we'll get stuck in the Fiesta Bowl (another post said they had final choice).

Its gonna be the same situation as last year. From what I heard the Bowls were pissed that they HAD to take Pitt because they were the Big East champ, and they didn't do the conference any favors by getting spanked by Utah.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

why are they in the drivers seat any more than USF or any undeafeated conferece team for that matter?

Well they did play much better against VT than we did against Miami.  And VT is a mcuh better team than Miami.  We won't beat WVu and we had better be extremely careful with every other team on our schedule.  Miami just published the blueprint on how to beat USF.  Granted the other teams don't have the horses that Miami does but with good coaching we aren't that tough to figure out.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Ah, Miami didnt publish the blueprint on how to beat us, as someone stated, thats been known since the middle of last year. EVERYONE knows, you stop Hall, you will probably stop our O. But just as it was stated, UCF and Louisville knew that and its a lot easier said then done. And personally, I still very much like our chances against WVU. BCS here we come!!!!!!!