• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hold off the Bowl Talk!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

uWV is in the drivers seat because they are ranked higher than we are.  if we have the same records they will go unless we have the tiebreaker they go to a bowl game.  they are still the favorite, aside from louisville, to win the conference.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Exactly, thats probably why we'll get stuck in the Fiesta Bowl (another post said they had final choice).

The best I can figure out, the bowl that loses its "anchor team" to the national title game will draw the short straw, since they'll have to fill both slots in their game instead of just one.

The anchors are:

Rose - Pac-10/Big Ten

Sugar - SEC

Fiesta - Big XII

Orange -ACC/Big East

That would be the Fiesta Bowl if Texas goes to the Rose, or the Orange Bowl if the ACC champ goes to Pasadena. Whichever game loses its "anchor team" to the Rose Bowl would be the most likely destination for the Big East champ.

But I still think Sugar Bowl may decide to bite the bullet and invite the Big East champ, since their bowl is messed up anyway with the Superdome being unusable.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

I'm not convinved this team is our best ever just yet.

Our 9-2 2002 team was very competitive and loaded with some outstanding players. Maybe comparing the two would make for a nice topic this week. Bowl situations are wee bit early -- lots of football and games to win before we can countthose chickens just yet.

I agree to a certain extent, I think this is the best defense we've ever put on the field, if we could complete a pass we would be scary

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,552
  • Days Won:  29

Going . . .

BOWLING !!!

OUR Goal should be to go Bowling ... if we don't go Bowling, I'm disappointed.

Go BULLS !!!

Guest S.  Bien

Funny, they may not be AT THIS POINT.  But man, look at what is GOING to be.  Man, I can't get over how young we really are.  We're competing this year when most, including myself, only saw 5 wins or so if we managed to get lucky.  

My green and gold glasses were broken last year, but I am really excited about THIS year and our future.  

Zonald is right on.  That 2002 team, all the fantastic players were 4th year juniors and seniors...Mitchell, Hugh Smith, Rubin, Whittaker, Iskra, Blackwell, Cobb, Daley, Wall, Jurineak, Verpaele, Hearn, Davis, Maurice Tucker, Davenport, and John Miller, and JR Reed, and don't forget that Pierson went to the NFL after this season.  Do you realize that our starting defense was made up almost entirely of 4th year juniors and seniors.

Today, we've got only five guys on that defense that are classified as seniors- Tim and Johnny Jones, Djuan Brown, Royal, and Simmons.  All their back-ups are sophomores or younger...

This team is young, and I think athletically we've got way, way more depth then we had in 2002.  

By the way, we talk about bowl games because now that we're in a BCS conference losing to a Miami, or ARK isn't like losing our Super Bowl for that year.  We can lose and still go to a bowl game, possibly on New Year's Day, and be very proud and happy with the season.