• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Depth Chart Released

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

Hopefully Macon has a solid understanding of the defense and assignments already. As much as anything, Nico was the QB of the defense last season and knows everyone's assignments. His leadership will be missed on Friday. 

I just want to say that if Macon is starting, Nicco will have to move to another LB or he may not see his spot again.  Macon is a pro MLB... that guy is an absolute beast and is capable of changing a game himself.  Macon is the real deal.  He's a Sunday guy.

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Bellamy is definitely a recruit i liked and thought will play freshman year, but geez buddy made the 2 deep. Our defense is deep this year! 

Yeah... he jumps off the tape.  I'm not shocked he's on the 2 deep. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,572
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Calibull said:

I just want to say that if Macon is starting, Nicco will have to move to another LB or he may not see his spot again.  Macon is a pro MLB... that guy is an absolute beast and is capable of changing a game himself.  Macon is the real deal.  He's a Sunday guy.

Yeah... he jumps off the tape.  I'm not shocked he's on the 2 deep. 

I thought Bellamy was a stud as well but didnt think he would beat out Laing. As for Mason, I finally did my research and he put up some serious numbers, so its good 2 see that his skill set matches his look. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Two surprises are seeing Xavier Weaver (an unheralded true freshman) and Kevin Purlett, a converted TE transfer from Florida Tech, backing up St. Felix. 

• Upvote 1

Other than Sawtelle being out and Terrance Horne being limited, we are COMPLETELY healthy on the 2-deep. That is awesome and huge! 

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I thought Bellamy was a stud as well but didnt think he would beat out Laing. As for Mason, I finally did my research and he put up some serious numbers, so its good 2 see that his skill set matches his look. 

Macon was the national junior college defensive player of the year.  I was completely shocked he came to us from OKst.  But I'll take it.  

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Two surprises are seeing Xavier Weaver (an unheralded true freshman) and Kevin Purlett, a converted TE transfer from Florida Tech, backing up St. Felix. 

Keven Purlett... hey... he's a guy who can line up outside or in the hback position.  He has some college game experience, we got another McCants except even bigger. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Calibull said:

Macon was the national junior college defensive player of the year.  I was completely shocked he came to us from OKst.  But I'll take it.  

Keven Purlett... hey... he's a guy who can line up outside or in the hback position.  He has some college game experience, we got another McCants except even bigger. 

I'm thinking they might use him more as a blocking WR on some quick hitters and jet sweeps. Almost like having a FB for our speedy wide-outs. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Sucks to hear about Sawtelle but Macon is physically ready to step right in.   He's needs to have a big game Friday.    

Let's hope the lone year we get to enjoy having Patrick Macon here pays dividends. He certainly put up insane numbers his sophomore JUCO year, but hasn't played a competitive football snap since December of 2016!!!! 

Junior College: Attended Arizona Western College, where he was coached by Tom Minnick … Named the National Junior College Athletic Association Defensive Player of the Year as a sophomore in 2016 … Also earned Western States Football League co-defensive player of the year and first-team all-conference honors after leading the Matadors to an 11-1 record in 2016 and an appearance in the national championship game … Was the leading tackler for a defensive unit that ranked among the top five teams nationally in both rushing defense and passing defense and surrendered an average of only 8.0 points per game during the regular season … Bagged 122 tackles, 27.5 tackles for loss, nine sacks and nine forced fumbles as a sophomore … His 122 tackles ranked fourth in the nation and his 27.5 tackles for loss and nine fumbles forced both led the nation … Also credited with two fumble recoveries, an interception and seven pass break-ups his sophomore year … Recorded 82 tackles and four sacks as a freshman in 2015 … Chose Oklahoma State over reported offers from Arizona, San Diego State and Utah State.

1 minute ago, Bull Dozer said:

Sucks to hear about Sawtelle but Macon is physically ready to step right in.   He's needs to have a big game Friday.    

My concern isn't physical. Anyone looking at the two can tell that Macon is physically more gifted. My bigger concern is LEADING the defense. Making calls on the field and correcting what other guys are doing. Who is going to do that for us with Nico out? I believe that is a big part of what hurt us in his absence last season. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I'm thinking they might use him more as a blocking WR on some quick hitters and jet sweeps. Almost like having a FB for our speedy wide-outs. 

I'm not sure... likely but the guy averaged 20.5 yards a catch and from the looks of it he can run.  Was an 2nd team all conference guy.  He actually just may be good at a lot of things.  A guy who got overlooked.