• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stupid Remark by UM fan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

USFPDiddy, the disparity between FSU and UF are not that great.  Only one national championship is the difference.  IF you're talking conference crowns, then FSU has the advantage of playing in the Weak ACC for 12 years before Miami, BC, and VT made it a strong one.  But, UF didn't do to bad with Spurrier over that span either.  If you look back, UF has played football for the longest time of any Florida University.  So, I would have to say, they have more tradition than any other school in the state.

Remember when you make these posts, you might want to remember past the last 20 years.  

That being said, I do agree that they are obnoxious fans.  Go Bulls!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142
  • Days Won:  0

I was with WoolyBully.  The Miami fans were horrible!  They shouted F U to all of us as we walked by.  I honestly can say I don't want to ever go back there again!!! :P

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Our fans were pretty obnoxious to be honest... I stayed sober for this game... only a couple of drinks... all in all... the UM fans were quite civil IMO. I guess it depends on where you sit... I was in our student/alum section. I did want to beat some cheerleader and band guy's ass from UM. Only two fans said anything negative to me... I told them to get accepted to UM and then talk smack... they shut up...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

. Only two fans said anything negative to me... I told them to get accepted to UM and then talk smack... they shut up...

I think that hits it.  Most of the obnoxious ones didn't look like they even finished high school much less do they attend a private UM.

Most that I ran into who looked like they were (or are getting) educated weren't bad people.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

Yeah, we had the same comeback for all their idiotic remarks: "Did you go there?"  Everytime we asked them that they either shut up or admitted that they were attending Miami Dade Community College, no lie.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  154

Sherriff, I have to agree with you from an indcident that I observed.  I was actually in the upper deck for a majority of the game and there were a couple of our fans as well that always ruin it for the rest of us.  It was actually someone who was drunk and I don't know what happened for this to occur but the fan intentionally spilled the beer into the lower deck of the stadium onto a couple of UM fans and several times flicked off fans in the lower deck.  This was indeed uncalled for from a USF perspective.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

Myself and two buddies bought our tickets on the street at half the face value.  We were told they were on the 45 yard line.  Since none of us knew the layout of the OB, we took his word.

Low and behold, we were in the top section of the end zone.  So we went on a little trip and found ourselves on the 35 yd. line ~ 5 rows away from the field :)

We were the only Bulls fans that I could see in the section.  We were cutting up w/ the UM fans the whole game.  Some didn't even realize we were Bulls fans until the end of the 2nd quarter.  Even though I was wearing a very distinctive Bulls cap and "Bull's Nation" t-shirt.

Once they realized I was a "Bulls fan" one guy started shouting we got a "Bull here".  But no one did anything major.  I got a couple french fries tossed in my general direction.  However, another UM fan gave one of my friends a beer.

All-in-all, I left w/ a good impression of the UM fans.

On-the-other-hand, the OB is a toilet.

BT

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

I stayed sober for this game... only a couple of drinks...

What??!!  Holy cow!!  Good job Terry!  

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

When they started to talk ****, I just showed them the Florida St Chop. That mad them even more pissed. It was pretty entertaining.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  243

First, I gotta thank Coach Franks for the tickets (dad-neighbor-cousin connection in Miami).

Second, I gotta concur the fans were rather rowdy, but I'm not surprised considering they are Miami.

What I'm most surprised with was the Herald stories the next day touting the fact that UM "can play with anybody." I say they can't cover the spread against USF, they can't think about beating teams like USC.

In any case, I enjoyed my trip to Miami - minus the time a strange man walked in my hotel room "checking in" when I was gone as my wife and daughter were still sleeping ...