• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stupid Remark by UM fan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

UM fans have no class.

Actually, UM's fans weren't bad at all. At the end of the game the most I heard from their fans is, "We ain't Louisville." For the most part, in the section that I was sitting most Hurricane fans around me were either FIU or Miami Dade CC students. I only found one Hurricane student, surprise surprise.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

Actually, UM's fans weren't bad at all.

Well except for that fan that head bunted our friend and busted his lip in the parking lot for no reason.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

My wife & myself were in the BBC group of 50 walking to the game.  During our 3-4 block trek to the OB, the group of 50 encountered several/numerous "F USF", "USF sucks", & the so called finger.  Now in the greater wisdom of my lovely bride, she neglected to use the facility b4 leaving E'Suites so by the time we got to the OB she could barely walk w/o springing a leak.  So we detached ourselves from the BBC group to my concern and located a pair of portalets in the fenced corner of the OB parking lot.  Luckily the line was short and no one said anything malice to us.  I thought we might be safe in the so-called high donor parking lot but as we walked back to the entrance about 9-12 young gentlemen proceeded to step in our path and get in our face and chant "USF sucks" and 'Go home Bulls".  I was a bit caught of guard and had to really check myself no to shove anyone out of the way or just lash out defensely.  They really rolled up in our grill which was unsettling for how sudden it happened.  Anyway I just gave 'em two hands of Bull horns and returned their banter with "USF Rocks" n "USF Rules".  The incident was about 10 secs but just seemed a bit strange and unapropriate especially when I was with my wife.  Another thing is the "sucks" chant after our fans chanted "U S F".  While not really a big deal, it just seemed overly mean spirited.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  148

Sorry you had to go through that!  Miami is one of the few teams I hate, not because they are better than us or because they beat a lot of teams, but because most of their fans have as much to to with UM as we do with Congress.  Unfortunately, they are an exception to all the rules that make college football what it is.  I wasn't there but out of 58,000, about 15,000 were students or alumni and the remaining were well...non-students.  How classless is it to try to antagonize people ( I guess into a fight) Have pride, but respect visiting teams fans, that's what makes the game what it is.  This is like a foriegn concept to a lot of Miami fans and players, remember Winslow and the "we are soldiers" crap or whatever.  The problem is even while VA Tech is pounding them this year, the folks in Blacksburg will have enough class to be polite.    

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

Miami Dade CC students

its now Miami Dade College, is now a 4 year college where u can get your BA at, just thought i'd let u know

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  145

its now Miami Dade College, is now a 4 year college where u can get your BA at, just thought i'd let u know

only a matter of time before they start their own football team, hire Schnelly, and proclaim themselves as the "real" South Florida.

whatever-- I guess like going to Southern Miss-- fan experiences can vary drastically. We had people get in our face quite often-- 50 or so people and they are getting in our face. Last time I checked, attempting to intimidate the visiting fans had no bearing on the field.

Yep-- this is basically a pro team disguised as being affiliated with a college for quite a number of their fans. They don't travel well or fill up their own stadium and they've been in the top ten/NCs 4 times / well known for years. If USF had half their history, we would be sold out like the Bucs. It might not even take that much.