• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WE NEED OUR OWN STADIUM ON CAMPUS

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

You guys need to appreciate how lucky we are to have a facility like RJS at our disposal. seriously

Allows us to have big money donors that have season tix.

Club seating is an xtra grand for that priviledge (sp?)

We bring in recruits and have their name mentioned on the Big Screen makes quite an impression.

There are many positives about this stadium.

What are the negatives?

It doesn't look like ours ... has buc stuff.

We can't rush the field - as many on campus stadiums.

Let's enjoy this win and concentrate on um. Go to Miami's Orange Bowl and tear down the goal post or rush the field. Now that's a tradition to start.

;D

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Chuck Gerhart
Game Behavior - Perceptions Versus Norms

Most students (58%) think that at most games, fans fight with other fans. However, only 8 percent of students actually fight with other fans. 92 percent of students do not fight with other fans.

49 percent of students think that at most games, fans throw beverages. However, only 6 percent of students actually throw beverages. 93 percent of students do not throw beverages.

47 percent of students think that at most games, fans throw items onto the field. However, only 5 percent of students actually throw items onto the field. 94 percent of students do not throw items onto the field.

45 percent of students think that at most games, fans storm the field. However, only 13 percent of students actually storm the field. 86 percent of students do not storm the field.

35 percent of students think that at most games, fans destroy school or city property. However, only 3 percent of students actually destroy school or city property. 96 percent of students do not destroy school or city property.

35 percent of students think that at most games, fans destroy others’ personal property. However, only 3 percent of students actually destroy others’ personal property. 97 percent of students do not destroy others’ personal property.

24 percent of students think that at most games, fans riot. However, only 2 percent of students actually riot. 97 percent of students do not riot.

http://www.ncaa.org/releases/miscellaneous/2004/2004090202ms.htm

These statistics are presented in order to reach a faulty conclusion.  The premise is presented in terms of frequency (at most games) and the alleged contradictory statistic is presented in terms of numbers (per cent of students).  For instance, "45 percent of students think that at most games, fans storm the field. However, only 13 percent of students actually storm the field. 86 percent of students do not storm the field."  The forty five per cent could be correct if a small number of students are repeating the action.  This is statistical garbage.  Apparently someone at the NCAA didn't recieve the quality of education that we USF students enjoy. ;D

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Your play by the rules because its the rules is really dumb logic.  Tradition doesn't have anything to do with the rules, nor does atmosphere.  If the TSA continues to be a hard ass when it comes to the students then they will stop coming is that what you want?  I guess an empty student section is worth obeying the rules.  Fool!

Then all you have to do to prove me wrong is hop the wall again. Keep doing it! Prove to me that you'll actually stick your hand on the burner 20 times before you figure out that you're gonna get burned.

Like I said before, sport...you don't have to like the law...you just  have to live with it.  And if the students stop attending games because they can't jump the wall...well, I'd say the students have larger issues to address.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

What are the negatives?

It doesn't look like ours ... has buc stuff.

We can't rush the field - as many on campus stadiums.

Well, crap, E.T....don't you realize that the entire evening is a waste unless we get to rush the field? I'm mean...why even field a team unless we get to dive over the wall and maybe...just maybe...I'll get my face on TV?  ;)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

i didnt read all of this, cause it got boring, but 1 thing that stuck out to me and i must comment on it:

why are there so many that believe an on campus stadium would result in the loss of "amenities"? why do some of you think our on campus stadium would be "rinky dink"?

why WOULDNT they construct the most state of the art stadium possible? why WOULDNT they take the time to design things that would cater to the "casual fan"? why WOULDNT they build something to make us proud?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

ET---

NCAA rules prohibit any team from doing the Name on the big screen recruiting trick any more. We have stopped this practice and it really hasn't hurt us whatsoever.

so let's just move on to the Miami game and stop worrying about jumping onto the field anymore.

PS-- not trying to hijack that some folks were treated beyond the normal means of stopping them from entry onto the field.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Right now? Quite simply because we could not afford it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

i didnt read all of this, cause it got boring, but 1 thing that stuck out to me and i must comment on it:

why are there so many that believe an on campus stadium would result in the loss of "amenities"? why do some of you think our on campus stadium would be "rinky dink"?

why WOULDNT they construct the most state of the art stadium possible? why WOULDNT they take the time to design things that would cater to the "casual fan"? why WOULDNT they build something to make us proud?

It is all about MONEY.

The rinky dink comment was based on how far $100 million would get us, since that was a figure folks mentioned. And there is no way we could make a stadium that even comes close to the amenities found at RJS for that amount. Unless we can build something that good, why bother burying the program in debt service that will last forever?

It's a matter of timing and money. nuff said

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

rjs is fine for the next 15 years or so or until we win a national championship

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

That is true (i.e. Playing Bama at Legends Field) but it seems like having people standing there and not trying to get anything or anywhere contributes to the problem.

hey genius, I believe you mean LEGION Field.  Legends is about 500 yds west of Ray Jay.  

BTW, all of you who think that an on campus stadium gives you free reign to storm the field are clueless.  There would be the exact same security measures on campus as there are at Ray Jay.  The rules are in place to protect the players, officials, and FANS.  Remember a few years ago when an opposing coach KO'd a kid who ran onto the field after a game?

STAY OFF THE **** FIELD!!!