• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who is the better RB???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I fear Bush more than Hall... Bush is my worst nightmare this weekend. He alone might be the difference maker in ruining mine and Bulliever's BBQ. Anybody want to join us here in AZ instead of Tampa? Hope NOT! Go Bulls... Shut down Bush and we stand a chance.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

I fear Bush... Bush is my worst nightmare... Shut down Bush and we stand a chance.

Yes! Finally, somebody gets it.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  30

Yes! Finally, somebody gets it.

yea, stack the line like Oregon St, they limited Bush to 57 yards and 2 touchdowns.  Of course, I think our offensive numbers were still pretty decent regardless.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Offense was definitely great against OSU Saturday, but your defense  and special teams helped. Something like 4 fumbles, an INT returned for a touchdown and a blocked punt that led to a touchdown. Obviously this is not an indictment of your offense, but rather praise for your team as a whole.

With that being said, if we can win the turnover battle the came should be close. Your offense can go shot for shot, but your defense gives up enough points to allow us to stay in this one.

And as for who is better overall between Bush and Hall, I could care less so long as Hall is better Saturday night.  

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

Bush has an all-american supporting cast to back him up, where as Hall doesnt.  This is like comparing Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith in thier prime.  Sanders got the job done with less talented players than Emmitt.  Imagine what Sanders would have done behind that Dallas O-Line.  Same goes for Andre Hall, he would get 2,000 yards easy in that USC backfield.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

He wouldnt start there.  That backfield is true talent.  Very seldom do you see a tailback line up at wideout and beat corners.  But you do at USC.

I would take hall over bush, but they're both amazing running backs.  The ypc of hall really stands out though.  He's one of the best at it.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

Bush is playing for a team with national media behind it and Hall isn’t but Hall is a far better true running back

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Bush has an all-american supporting cast to back him up, where as Hall doesnt.  This is like comparing Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith in thier prime.  Sanders got the job done with less talented players than Emmitt.  Imagine what Sanders would have done behind that Dallas O-Line.  Same goes for Andre Hall, he would get 2,000 yards easy in that USC backfield.

I think the orignal post was refering to Michael Bush of Louisville, not Reggie Bush of USC.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Michael Bush? Reggie Bush? All my posts on this thread have been about GEORGE Bush. (Really. Go read them again.)

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11

Michael Bush? Reggie Bush? All my posts on this thread have been about GEORGE Bush. (Really. Go read them again.)

Once the person stated that Bush drops the ball and has no leadership skills I assumed it was George too.

Michael Bush's skill set is interesting. I've watched his maturation from the time I first saw him at the varsity level as a 6"2, 180 lb WR who took his first screen pass 80 yards. Ultimately his body transformed into a very big kid, but he still maintains a couple traits from when he was a WR and one of the best basketball players in the state while a prep. He has very, very long arms and big hands, so he still is a very effective pass catcher. He's been asked to throw the ball something like six times while in college, and he's had two of them go for TDs (and two other outright TDs dropped). He's not as overly fast at 250 as people seem to fear, but he's got an uncanny knack for avoiding the straight hit for somebody with such a big frame for a QB and does a good job of cutting back against the grain.

Bush is very dangerous on slip screens...he set up UofL's first TD with a 15 yard gainer out of one against Oregon State, and had another called back due to an illegal block in the back that was totally unnecessary as he had already made the move that got him in the clear. His three biggest gainers from scrimmage against Kentucky, Miami and what I believe was Boise were out of slip screens. He's good on those screens because he does a good job of setting up his block and is elusive, plus it's real tough to bring a big man like him down after not only shedding a block, but having to square up and get in front of a load rolling downhill.

Your guy Hall's skill set is alot like our Kolby Smith's and similar to the way Lionel Gates was. I can't say whose better, as each has a distinct style. Bush fits Louisville's mode because Petrino likes to have a hammer; Hall fits your mold because your offense requires more touches from him.