• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who is the better RB???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Days Won:  0

Offense was definitely great against OSU Saturday, but your defense  and special teams helped. Something like 4 fumbles, an INT returned for a touchdown and a blocked punt that led to a touchdown. Obviously this is not an indictment of your offense, but rather praise for your team as a whole.

Just a clarification.  There were only 2 fumbles and one int by OSU...UL had one int the play after one of the fumbles, so those cancelled.  As for blocked punts, UL blocks one basically every game, so that's really not unexpected.  However, other than the blocked punt the special teams were a nightmare.  The D did play outstanding though.

Ok, now on to UL's offense, they averaged 11.2 yds every time they snapped the ball (the NCAA record is 11.9 incidentally).  The offense was simply unstoppable in that game, against that defense.  It wasn't even remotely as if OSU 'gave' the game away because of turnovers.  This Saturday is, of course, a new game.

As for Hall vs. Bush, they're both fantastic, but very different, backs.  I certainly wouldn't mind having either on my team.  I will say this though, Kolby Smith (9.4 y/c last year, 7.2 y/c this year) shouldn't get short-changed and left out of the debate.  He's as good as anyone.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

I think there have been great points for either side. I am just happy we are playing a school where we can have an intelligent debate about the game. That is why I would rather focus on playing quality teams like this instead of playing Disney Community College.

On that note, Andre is the man. He has the intangibles and toughness that makes him who he is.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Didn't Michael Bush used to be a QB as well?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14

Didn't Michael Bush used to be a QB as well?

Yes, he actually made the All-State team his senior year at 5 positions, and was rated the #1 safety nationally by at least one analyst.

Came to UL as a QB first, but lost out freshman year to LeFors, and with the recruitment of Brohm is was clear he was better off switching to RB.  A smart move if you ask me.

Just a fun sidenote, Bush's high school team his senior year (Male) played Brohm's (Trinity) for the state 4-A championship.  Trinity won a defensive struggle 59-56. ;)

Bush threw for 468 yds and 6 TD's, rushed for 116 yds and 1 TD, and caught 2 passes for 24 yds.  Brohm threw for 552 yds and 7 TD's.