• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2018 7-6 Teams

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Was wondering what other teams went 7-6 this season.

usf, tulane, wake forest, georgia tech, miami, tcu, baylor, okla state, mich state, minn, byu, east mich, toledo, west mich, san diego st, cal, ariz state, s carolina. Of course in most cases(not all) the 7-6 put the teams right in the middle of their conference standings. Knowing what you know about the history of the other programs( interesting company) it says that there are a lot of programs that shifted to or stayed in mediocre this season. For some, 7-6 was a good season, for others it shows a downward slide( like usf). Some dream of a 7-6 season. Draw your own conclusions. Many reasons for teams going into the skids or never getting any better than a middle of the pack season. And to end on a warm and fuzzy note: there are a lot of teams that didn't even approach 7-6. I like the AD(optimistic/challenging) statement at Houston, anything other than 10 wins is a losing season.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

ucif after Frosty left continued success ...Cincy's new coach took a crummy team and in two seasons 10-2 Coach strong took years to turn a great team  into the Holtz new era ...worst 7-6 team

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

I think we alumni and fans alike should voice our concerns and views directly to the coach during fan fest. I might be the first fan that gets booted from the event because I plan on letting my voice be heard. Done with the fact of losing 6 trucking games straight.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Days Won:  14

7-6 depends on context.   Any of those other 7-6 teams start out 7-0?  I don’t have time to research it.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

11 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

I think we alumni and fans alike should voice our concerns and views directly to the coach during fan fest. I might be the first fan that gets booted from the event because I plan on letting my voice be heard. Done with the fact of losing 6 trucking games straight.

Yeah, that'll work ....

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

19 hours ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

7-6 depends on context.   Any of those other 7-6 teams start out 7-0?  I don’t have time to research it.

Let me help you out with that. NO. We are the first team in history to start out 7-0 and lose 6 straight. So we got that going for us, which is nice.  

Edited by Bulls Are We

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Bulls Are We said:

Let me help you out with that. NO. We are the first team in history to start out 7-0 and lose 6 straight. So we got that going for us, which is nice.  

Strong Sad Point. Did you notice during games this year it would be announced that another record was just set...problem was it was for the other teams and players. We do have some record setters of our own which is fantastic for them and for USF but, the positions/players/coaches not holding up their end take away from their achievements in our losses.

And to echo a previous post: the USF coaching searches are very quiet. Sad thing would be if coaches aren't interested or turning CCS down??

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Strong Sad Point. Did you notice during games this year it would be announced that another record was just set...problem was it was for the other teams and players. We do have some record setters of our own which is fantastic for them and for USF but, the positions/players/coaches not holding up their end take away from their achievements in our losses.

And to echo a previous post: the USF coaching searches are very quiet. Sad thing would be if coaches aren't interested or turning CCS down??

We've got to be close to setting a record for the longest OC vacancy. This is getting kind of silly now, much like our injury reports that we learn about right before kickoff. I've seen no news at all on Gleeson, other than the tweet that said he was a candidate. There's always King or Burke if these other coaches aren't interested in working for Charlie.