• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Well...what did you think?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,765
  • Days Won:  3

The scoring was pretty much what I thought it would be.

The halftime show was incredible. It was interesting to see everyone staying in their seats watching the show. FAMU's band in unbelievable.

42K in attendance. Not too far from the 50K mark.

I reckon, if we have to contend with a IAA game...this would be the one.  

I'll be interested to see if this "classic" accomplished what the Mayor had in mind. Actually saw her at the game. 8)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

yea that band was AMAZING.  and yes...i think more people were in their seats or atleast watching the field during their performance then any other SINGLE moment the entire night.

you can see why they say FAMU's band is the best in the country.  FAMU fans came out in full support but its very clear that the majority of them were there just for the band...or maybe thats all they had to cheer for.

either way...it was a great crowd at RayJay.  

we dominated from the opening second.  not much else to say...Hall could of ran for ever if we let him.  PJ did very well again and showed GREAT choices.

Denson has amazing speed with the ball in his hands.  i dont know what he runs a 40 in but when he has the ball he doesnt lose much speed at all.  his o nly problem is that he is still very much a run first QB.  

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I can't comment on the stadium presence or atmosphere, as i wasn't there, but the scoring is pretty much as I predicted.  I took 38-6 on the game and 480 yards of offense, so I was just slightly off.  I knew we'd have our backups in early, but was surprised that Hall was in the game as a blocker later on.

We had a little over 100 yards rushing against PSU and over 350 against FAMU, so I think we'll still get about 200-250 on UCF.  Their fans seem to think that they can shut our run down, but I seriously doubt that they have as strong a run defense as PSU had.

We didn't throw enough passes tonight, so there is some concern over the level of dimensionality we have to our offense.  Again, however, PJ threw for 200 against PSU, and UCf doesn't have the same talent as PSU.  Overall, I'd say we end up with 200-250 passing as well, so I'll take the middle road and suggest that we get something in the neighborhood of 425 yards of offense on UCF.

It was good to see so many of our backups play tonight, or rather listen in my case!  We need to make sure the depth sees the field whenever possible, and I think we saw a lot of that tonight.  Our defense continues to play well, and Moffett, contrary to what certain overeager UCFers suggest, is not as strong a QB as MRob was at PSU, MRob was much more athletic.  UCF will score on use, but not excessively.  Our kicking is of concern, and is a potential liability.

My early line is probably 27-17.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I'm thinking why did Hall even have pads on in the second half? He needed to be attended to again. Plus, why is Nicholas in there on a kick-off in the second half of a game like that??

Good questions Trip...

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

I am still waiting to see which QB can actually have a decent passing game.  Denson still hasn't shown me much except he can run like the dickens.  Hill looked more comfortable under center or the brief moment he was in there.  I have no question about our running game.  We are looking really good there.  

I am kind of curious why we are going to the option.  Nobody looked comfortable doing that play.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  685
  • Content Count:  7,646
  • Days Won:  6

Did anyone else notice that we received the kickoff at both the beginning of the game and the second half?  Is it possible this was a legitimate mistake or is there some rule where the team that wins the toss can choose to have the other team receive both times?  It just did not make sense and I have never seen that happen before in any college or pro game.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

My guess is that FAMU won the toss and opted to "kick off" rather than "defer". In the NFL, if you choose to kick off the first half, you receive the second half. In college, if you choose to kick off the first half, the other team still gets a choice in the second half, and of course they choose to receive. I've seen this happen before.

Wow, I didn't catch that.  I just went back to the PBP, and you're right, they kicked off both times.  Obviously, this isn't a game where that matters, but that could have been an issue in a close game.  FAMU's coach must have been pissed!

Note: I just saw Gary's post.  I've never seen or heard of that before...