• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  0

Our history of arguing and being defensive with eachother has turned this into a debate.  Both UCF and USF fans want this game to be huge.  It won't be 50/50 UCF/USF but if it was, that wouldn't be an insult to the home team - whether it be in Orlando or Tampa.

Unlike other big rival games like FSU/UF - Both teams have oversized stadiums that we can't fill and the distance between the two schools is extremely close.  

If both schools continue to grow, I hope that the UCF/USF game in Orlando is continued to play in the Citrus Bowl even if UCF has moved on campus, for I believe it could hit 65K+ if both teams have some winning seasons between now and 2008.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

Which sections in RayJay are for the visitors?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

FAMU will outdraw you, and Louisville will certainly bring more fans than you.

No way UL out draws UCF. The Kanigits have been crying for this game for years and should come out in force.

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

Our history of arguing and being defensive with eachother has turned this into a debate.  Both UCF and USF fans want this game to be huge.  It won't be 50/50 UCF/USF but if it was, that wouldn't be an insult to the home team - whether it be in Orlando or Tampa.

Unlike other big rival games like FSU/UF - Both teams have oversized stadiums that we can't fill and the distance between the two schools is extremely close.  

If both schools continue to grow, I hope that the UCF/USF game in Orlando is continued to play in the Citrus Bowl even if UCF has moved on campus, for I believe it could hit 65K+ if both teams have some winning seasons between now and 2008.

Agreed.  Kind of like the Florida Georgia game.  The stadium here in Jacksonville is PACKED with usually 50/50 fans.  Simply amazing to watch on TV.  Many fans come here just to tailgate and party for the weekend and never even have tickets nor attend the game.  It would be neat to have something like that around Tampa/Orlando. The cities would have to embrace the idea.  Tampa is on the right track with all that they're doing for the FAMU fans.  However, I think they are just kissing up for last time.  

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Which sections in RayJay are for the visitors?

There's a thread somewhere on here that has a map ..... but they're in the southeast corner of the stadium, even with the endzone.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236

I want some of the stuff that is being smoked by the people that say UCF will be bringing 7,000 to 10,000 fans. Yeah OK, I promise you that come 7pm on Sat 9/17 you will not have anywhere close to that number. Be realists, it is not necessary for you to inflate your numbers in order to make you feel better about you team.  

FAMU will outdraw you, and Louisville will certainly bring more fans then you.

Yes, your attendance last time they were here was 36,044.  Now we multiply that by .7(fudging component) and we get 25,230.

Yes, Louisville travels well.   :D

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

The game is pretty close for us.  Why wouldn't we travel?

The Citrus Bowl is closer and you dont exactly pack that place....

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

The Citrus Bowl is closer and you dont exactly pack that place....

I was just going to post the same exact thing.

Can't get much closer then the Citrus Bowl...but its not "cool" to go to a Home Game for students..."Road Trips" sound like so much more fun.

KL

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

We bring a lot more than 7K to the Citrus Bowl.  What's your point?  If we bring 20K to Citrus Bowl, why wouldn't we bring 7K or more to RJS?

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

IMO, anything less than 5K would be embarrassing for UCF.  10K would be impressive.  Also think this game will get alot of Lookie Lou's too.  Curiosity will bring out the average Florida college football fan however FSU plays @No. 19 BC at 7:45pm, UF plays No. 6 UT at 8pm in Gainesville (CBS will have this on TV.), & UM plays @No. 25 Clemson at 3:30pm.  The Big 3 will not have very many fans at our game but some might come just for the Kentucky Wesleyan effect (1st time).  Bet there will be a good amount of area high school FB players though.  I'd of gone during my HS playing days.  Maybe a 1pm kickoff would be a good thing in this case....prolly not though.