• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

The number of UCF fans at Raymond James Stadium may be understated.  Here's an example why that may be the case.

I contacted the UCF ticket office about tickets for the game and found the seat selection limited.  Based on my calculations and the information they provided, UCF has a maximum of 4,000-7,000 seats available through them.  Many of the seats have blocks as small as 2 to 4.  My group which includes both UCF and USF fans, may be short of 50.  In order to accomodate 50 combined UCF and USF fans and try to keep the group sitting together, I am better off buying tickets through USF for the group.  Through them I can get three rows of 17 seats each sitting next to one another.  I intend on buying the tickets in the next couple of days.  

In the end, it won't help in the count of tickets sold to UCF fans but it will aloow for the best football viewing experience.

That is a rather large range for the maximum... that doesn't sound like information that i would bank on... i would think they could tell you the amount that they are alotted with in 100 of the actual, rather than 3000 variance.  

If you guys have section 133, 132, and 128 alotted (which is the standard away team allowance... i don't think that calculates out to 7000 seats... maybe 4000.  For you to have 7000 alotted, you'd have to have more sections than just those 3.  It is possible, but it would take some special type of arrangement.

here is the seating map

USFrjs05seats.gif

There are about 24 seats wide per section (for a sideline section) and about 30 rows (rough guess).

That means a full section holds about 720 people

If you have 2 sideline sections, that is 1440, and the corner one holds about 2/3 of a sideline.  That is about 2000 people.

Does anyone know if will have more sections than just the 133, 132, and 128 for their schools group seating, or will all the knights be spread throughout the 2nd level?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Can't wait for that seating chart to INCLUDE the upper deck  

;D

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709
  • Days Won:  0

How many fans are you bringing to the game? Is FAMU going to out represent you. You toll the tune of support, now it's put up or shut up! Now, again, how many are coming to the party?    Reaper

Um, before you call US out shouldn't you be calling out YOUR OWN fans?

I doubt we will outnumber the FAMU fans but I might be wrong.  I think we bring between 10K-13K to this game.  Although, UCF is getting talked about quite a bit around campus after Thursday's performance.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  958

Not to be discounting the bulls,but Iwonder how much the attendance would be affected if the FAMU,s famous marching band  wasn't coming?   Would think some are coming for that added attraction with the  reason being that the average of 13,000 for their (famu) home games.  

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

How many fans are you bringing to the game? Is FAMU going to out represent you. You toll the tune of support, now it's put up or shut up! Now, again, how many are coming to the party?    Reaper

FAMU support will mostly come from non-FAMU Alumni locals from the Tampa Bay Area.

Believe FAMU's Band hasn't played in Tampa since the City lost the FAMU/BCC Game to Orlando 7-8 years ago due to the racial problems that many fans had to deal with in Tampa.

Plus, with this game being your home opener, folks at USF have said this will probably be the largest "gate" attendance for this year...followed closely by UCF and Louisville.

Plus, FAMU has a financial incentive as they get a split of the gates once tix sales reach a certain level (smart contract for FAMU and USF...helps get extra promo for this game).

KL

Guest UCF...who

I want some of the stuff that is being smoked by the people that say UCF will be bringing 7,000 to 10,000 fans. Yeah OK, I promise you that come 7pm on Sat 9/17 you will not have anywhere close to that number. Be realists, it is not necessary for you to inflate your numbers in order to make you feel better about you team.

FAMU will outdraw you, and Louisville will certainly bring more fans then you.  

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

I want some of the stuff that is being smoked by the people that say UCF will be bringing 7,000 to 10,000 fans. Yeah OK, I promise you that come 7pm on Sat 9/17 you will not have anywhere close to that number. Be realists, it is not necessary for you to inflate your numbers in order to make you feel better about you team.

FAMU will outdraw you, and Louisville will certainly bring more fans then you.  

The game is pretty close for us.  Why wouldn't we travel?

Guest FreaKnight-2

FAMU might, but I wouldn't bet on UL outdrawing UCF.  There are a ton of UCF fans in the Tampa/Sarosota area, plus with the fans from the Orlando area, 7,000 is definitely a possibility...and remember that the UCF fans won't all be in the visitors section.

It will be interesting to see the tale of the tape when all is said and done.