• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lets give credit to Brian Jean Marie and USF defense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

So the defense played well and not one of you can give the man his props? We were ranked 37th last year in defense, from like 108th a year before. There is only so much your defense can do when your offense averages 2-4 turnovers a game and keeps giving the ball back  immediately to the other teams offense. This defense has nothing but young talent.  After a good summer of weight gain, strength and conditioning I predict they will be much better next year. We still have a 340 Ib DT in Waller and another DT who is a weightlifting champion in Leacock. Trey Laing had like 15 sacks his senior year in highschool.  These three redshirted this year, but should be impact players next year. Yea this year sucked but BJM has already turned one defense around. I'm sure he can turn this defense around again. Saturday we held Temple to only 10 pts in 3 quarters. Scoreless in the first half. This is the same Temple that score 59 on Houston, 40 on UCF and pretty much is averaging 35pts a game. We held Temple to only 40 yards rushing. Just be patient my friends. 

image.png.fb43d4cb5bd4b970c1e93b0375f588e9.png

image.png.3defe5a53a052030e3c29616583f69ff.png

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  194
  • Days Won:  0

Idk about impact players the redshirt freshman year but they will def help depth and I may be wrong but Waller is a Guard now 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

I'll give the man props when this Defense learns how to "TACKLE"!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612

Speaking about defense.  Why was Greg Reaves not moved to MLB in the Spring?  Strong talks about lacking size in the middle.  They moved Reaves to MLB mid year  after Sawtelle got hurt and he struggled for a few games but he played well Saturday and rush defense was stout.   He’s gotten better after getting some game experience.  Think of where he could be if had all spring and fall to learn the position.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  291

What about the 10-15 yards off the ball they play constantly. Temple lost to Villanova I’d hope we could’ve  held them 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808

Waller is on the offensive line now.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Defense allowed 13 points. Offense gave up 7. Special Teams gave up 7. Temple had gotten the offense going the 2 weeks prior so overall good defensive effort.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

Are you such a big fan because you're both of Hatian descent? Honest question.

No because his 1st year here, he took our defense that was ranked 108th the year before to 37th. You can say it was because he had NFL talent, but that SAME talent was ranked 108th he year before. It’s sad that some people are so quick to forget a coach’s success. College football is a cycle. Players come and go every year. This year he is starting over with his personal. Either way, the defense played a great game vs. Temple and not one person can say something positive about the defense’s performance. But I will admit, he also gets love for being Haitian. Hell I became a USF fan because of that lol I read an article how they had like 14 Haitian players and started watching, then the USF blogs hooked me in as a permanent fan. I think that is what’s missing right now. We need more Haitian players 😁

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Waller is on the offensive line now.

Look at his highschool film and he dominated on the offensive line, so I can live with him switching. Kegler, Leacock and Pickney, should get up to 300Ibs by the end of this summer.