• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Duemig ripping our performance v Penn State

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

Crowds don't give you a national presence, winning does and with winning will come the crowds ......

maybe it's the "chicken or the egg" argument but crowds provide the environment and environment draws recruits. Crowds may not give you the national presence but I sure think they help you to build a team that will.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

That's the point we're trying to make. The wr's came on to make plays after those drops but the dumbáss had obviously stopped watching. All we're saying is know what the hell you're talking about. Nobody's denying the wr's súcked early but they came on later ....

I'm not defending his position, I'm just making a general statement. It ranges far beyond his statements about the receivers and whatnot. Everyone is complaining about his negative reaction towards the team and that won't change until we change it by showing it on the field (ie: winning games like the one on Saturday)

And your point is??

My point is our own marketing department is advertising bands as the selling point to the game, but we expect media to take us seriously and respect us.

Crowds don't give you a national presence, winning does and with winning will come the crowds ......

I never said that crowds were going to give us a national presence. But once again, we can't complain about the coverage we receive locally if the local people aren't going to care. And if locals don't care, why are people on a nationwide scale going to care. My point was, lets not be Bucs fans and start caring about the team and going to games when they're winning. The more support that we garner, the more we'll be talked about and covered.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

And your point is??

The point is, why not make a slogan that says something along the lines of "Come see your USF Bulls beat the ever living crap out of the FAMU Rattlers. And for you FAMU fans, at least you could come watch the Marching 100...."

What's so wrong with that?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  106

Bog Dog is VERY critical of our performance against Penn State this weekend, in particluar our Wide Receivers. Called them "chicken pu$$ies" whatever that means. Says our WR played with their heads on swivels the whole game and didn't want to catch any passes.

WHY in god's name does anyone bother to listen to that duem-a$$??

The few times I tortured myself listening to him, he did nothing but spew verbal diarrhea all over the air waves.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

I'll join ya on that Shooper!     FAMU- Forget About that Marching Unit!  Now we have to really plan against UCF!!!    Reaper

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I don't have a big problem with someone voicing the opinion or even calling the names and all that other BS.

I tend to disagree about the ***** factor--- yeah, in our first game (and first ever college game in front of 100K+ for many of those "*******") we had many dropped, catchable passes.

We did get that situation turned around for the most part in the second half. That is the important thing to me-- that we got over whatever was going with that. We lost to a team estimated to be a 21+ point favorite by the betting gods--- yet we beat that line, gained the respect of the PSU fans/team (I Think), and were still in the game almost to the very end. We didn't get shut out, or allow a sack and had several sacks.

I was pleased (for the most part) with how USF played that game. It could have in fact been better.

But hearing that Duemeg called our guys that really isn't that big a deal. I've heard him use the same exact BS when talking about other teams-- the same term (CP) with the same reasoning.

Based on BEING there, I just didn't see it that way. Some of the passes were over/under thrown. Some were just good plays by the defense (it is possible to defend a pass).

I guess the bottom line is that the "press"/air time is a good thing. If it gets your blood boiling, call him up and make your case. DOn't make it just about the names he used-- make it about why you thinking USF deserves more credit for the game itself.

Final point-- We are a second class football school folks. Get used to that until we garner the larger alumni base, the money associated with that base, and earn the respect we WANT on the field.

No one ever said the big time was going to be easy, even for the fans.

PS-- rebe is a big USF fan-- he took on the role of The Reaper in his last years of a late education. I don't know many folks who would do something like that-- so don't lump him in just yet with the blue hair alumni please-- it just isn't accurate.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Bottom Line for me ...

It's a slow week after a disappointing loss. An idiot of a sport radio "personality" called our WR's "scared" ... so we fired back.

Not much of a big deal, but kept the week more exciting with the lack of famu chat  ;D

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Bottom Line for me ...

....kept the week more exciting with the lack of famu chat  ;D

Agreed.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

**** :o 9 pages lets go for 10 or 11

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

**** :o 9 pages lets go for 10 or 11

Not even this much discussion about FAMU on this board ANYWHERE.  Too funny.