• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

state of the bulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

The blame should fall on both the players and the coaches.

My recommendations:

1. Replace Justin Burke and Mike Maddox 

2. Go the JUCO route for DBs, LB's, OL and DL

3. Put Gilbert and BJM on notice

4. Strong needs to stop being loyal to dogs. If there are no better options for some of the players at RT and about every position on the Defense then Strong needs to find some immediate help. I saw him do this same thing at his last two stops and it cost him on the last. 

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

image.png.dc4c7656e529870568cdba5c5ed2feea.png

State of the Bulls

Edited by Capital H
  • Haha 2

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

10 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

My recommendations:

4. Strong needs to stop being loyal to dogs. If there are no better options for some of the players at RT and about every position on the Defense then Strong needs to find some immediate help. I saw him do this same thing at his last two stops and it cost him on the last. 

Why #1? People seem to think special teams are better.

The others seem totally necessary. #4 applies to players and coaches.

#3 BJM has legit depth and injury excuses, but you keep him until next year and if we still suck he'll be the anchor that pulls Strong down. That's a tough call. I guess Strong could always keep him on notice and show the fans administration that he's fair but there are consequences by letting BJM go in the middle of the season if things aren't improving.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

How many blocked extra points are we going to have in one season...? Seriously. #1 is legit.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

26 minutes ago, bullcocky101 said:

How many blocked extra points are we going to have in one season...? Seriously. #1 is legit.

Also, none of the TE's behind Wilcox are even serviceable .  Lloyd has been under Burke for 2 years yet some how he's worse than Mathis who is clearly not ready to be on the field.  Between that and special teams I'm not sure what we're paying him for.   

As for Mattox.....  We sure could have used the 2 interior linemen and tackle he ran off......   If i had any stake in the game I'd be making a call to Danny Hope and sending Mattox outta here on a rail.  

Gilbert I think could be a very good OC if somebody got him to check his ego at the door.   

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, Corey lea said:

My recommendations:

BJM took our defense from 108th to 37th his first year here. Such short memorirs. But yea lets crap on him 4 one bad year after losing 4 of the top defensive players from last year. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

10 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

BJM took our defense from 108th to 37th his first year here. Such short memorirs. But yea lets crap on him 4 one bad year after losing 4 of the top defensive players from last year. 

Maybe he wasn't very good last year either just those 4 top players he inherited made up for it.  I do remember giving up 49 to ucf and a brutal 4th and 24 to houston.  We shouldn't have the drop off that we have had this year regardless of player turnover. 

I'm willing to give everyone another year, but let's stop acting like there aren't any issues here.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Maybe he wasn't very good last year either just those 4 top players he inherited made up for it.  I do remember giving up 49 to ucf and a brutal 4th and 24 to houston.  We shouldn't have the drop off that we have had this year regardless of player turnover. 

I'm willing to give everyone another year, but let's stop acting like there aren't any issues here.

Every good defense has good players. I hate the whole give the credit 2 the players thing. Those SAME players was part of the defense ranked 108th and he took those SAME players and finshed his first season 37th. And get over the 4th and 24, lucky plays happen man. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Every good defense has good players. I hate the whole give the credit 2 the players thing. Those SAME players was part of the defense ranked 108th and he took those SAME players and finshed his first season 37th. And get over the 4th and 24, lucky plays happen man. 

I'm way over it, but there are a lot of "lucky" plays happening this year and by bad teams.  Hopefully we get some more studs .... quick ....

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

It is going to take time.