• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Speaking of being such a young team

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

Just about everyone that has has significant playing time on the O Line, D Line and Secondary are coming back.   What other youngsters do you see joining that group next season.  I'm hoping someone like Waller on the D-Line shows up, we need that big body to have to be double teamed.    

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

We lose McCants on offense (Bronson to a slight lesser degree as well) and we lose McGee, Thomas, Wilkins and Hoggins on defense.  That's it.  We will have 10 starters back on offense,7 on defense and the entire special teams unit.  

Aside from the secondary, we will have this entire squad back with a whole year under their belts.   Hell, over half of our starters weren't even playing college ball last year.  This team is young and still not very experienced.  So to be 7-1, when many including myself had us at 6-2 or worse, should be encouraging.  

I'm not a fan of how we have looked.  At all.  And I fear Saturday is going to be another hair-greying day.  But the future holds a ton of potential

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

If we don't play Tulane like we did Houston we should come out of this with #8..we better. Tulane is no slouch at all were going to need to play the complete game that we keep hearing about(CCS)that hasn't appeared as yet. Good possibility that this will be another close one..Vegas likes them apparently. Teams see how to exploit our D and pretty much use the same game plan against us. Maybe..just maybe, the Houston spanking didn't set well with this Team. Humiliation on National TV shouldn't digest well... 

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594

7 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

We lose Wilcox too :(

Is he going pro? 

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, feardabull said:

Is he going pro? 

Uh I dun goofed. I thought he was in in 2014 class and didnt redshirt

Edited by ForestBull

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

4 hours ago, feardabull said:

We lose McCants on offense (Bronson to a slight lesser degree as well) and we lose McGee, Thomas, Wilkins and Hoggins on defense.  That's it.  We will have 10 starters back on offense,7 on defense and the entire special teams unit.  

Aside from the secondary, we will have this entire squad back with a whole year under their belts.   Hell, over half of our starters weren't even playing college ball last year.  This team is young and still not very experienced.  So to be 7-1, when many including myself had us at 6-2 or worse, should be encouraging.  

I'm not a fan of how we have looked.  At all.  And I fear Saturday is going to be another hair-greying day.  But the future holds a ton of potential

The good thing about the secondary is young guys like Davis, Roberts, LaPointe, and Sanders have all gotten significant minutes so they won't be nearly as green next year.  

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,567
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, goingbackbull said:

Just about everyone that has has significant playing time on the O Line, D Line and Secondary are coming back.   What other youngsters do you see joining that group next season.  I'm hoping someone like Waller on the D-Line shows up, we need that big body to have to be double teamed.    

When I go to the USF roster and sort it by position. It states Waller at  DT, but they have him listed in the offensive line section. I'm not sure if they plan on putting him there or maybe on the fence. I would love for him to play defense, but he looked pretty awesome on the O-line in his film. 

image.thumb.png.32909868b8ba95ca1a0a34bf9a14c645.png

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

man-- I thought this was going to point out that Cinci has an even younger roster than we do.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,783

On 11/2/2018 at 11:46 AM, BulledOver said:

If we don't play Tulane like we did Houston we should come out of this with #8..we better. Tulane is no slouch at all were going to need to play the complete game that we keep hearing about(CCS)that hasn't appeared as yet. Good possibility that this will be another close one..Vegas likes them apparently. Teams see how to exploit our D and pretty much use the same game plan against us. Maybe..just maybe, the Houston spanking didn't set well with this Team. Humiliation on National TV shouldn't digest well... 

Well, in retrospect, we see that indeed Tulane and slouch can't be used interchangeably and I'd say we didn't play Tulane like we did Houston. It was considerably worse. That wasn't a loss. That was a beating. Plain and simple. And I fully agree that "Humiliation on National TV shouldn't digest well"...as we'll see this week. Cinci is next  - but unlike Vegas - I ain't bettin' nothin'. 

• Upvote 1