• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Know the Foe: Tulsa

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

We're going to beat Tulsa and it's not going to be as close as many think.  I get the feeling there are many here who know little about our team.  Like who the actual starting Dline is from week to week.. or who the starting Oline is from week to week...  We're due to put a game together and I think it's this one.  I'm looking for a 3 score victory

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

6 minutes ago, Calibull said:

We're going to beat Tulsa and it's not going to be as close as many think.  I get the feeling there are many here who know little about our team.  Like who the actual starting Dline is from week to week.. or who the starting Oline is from week to week...  We're due to put a game together and I think it's this one.  I'm looking for a 3 score victory

I'm hoping this is the game where we put it all together but our history on the road on short weeks is not good.   I think we will be fine if we start fast but if we come out of the gate slow again this will be too close for comfort again.  I think in the end we have the horses to make enough plays to beat a team like Tulsa even if we don't play up to our potential but if we turn the ball over,  kill offensive drives with penalties, and extend drives for Tulsa with penalties things could get reaaaaaalllll dicey.   The weather is supposed to be cool 60-40's and possibly wet, which I don't think benefits us either.  If we play smart and disciplined from the first snap there is no way we lose this game.  If we let Tulsa hang around due to our own stupidity all bets are off.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

24 minutes ago, Calibull said:

That's funny because since the second half of Illinois, USF is giving up less than 30 yards rushing per quarter.  If you take out the 400 for Georgia Tech they are giving up less than 160 yards a game total.  We haven't seen a team effectively on us in more than 10 quarters... but the run defense isn't improving.  over the past 3 games teams average right around 152 yards, that's counting the 212 from Illinois who rushed for less than 60 yards the second half against us.  But the defense isn't improving.  They're getting pushed around... right?

I was responding to someone who said our defense needs a come to Jesus moment.  I said maybe we're playing to our potential. If you want to start an argument, go ahead but won't be participating.

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I was responding to someone who said our defense needs a come to Jesus moment.  I said maybe we're playing to our potential. If you want to start an argument, go ahead but won't be participating.

nope... I was wrong.  I'm not going to argue when I'm wrong.  I misread it, my bad.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

23 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Dline  -  Reaves, Bronson, Kegler, Livingstone   Rotating: Barber, Pinkney, Brown, Black Jackson.  Yates has been hurt but plays when not

Oline -  Norman Attebury, Wiggs, Harris, Mayes.    Rotating. Roberson, Jennings (Got start last week)

I watch every week to see who is starting. Hoping last weeks play calling was limited because of Jennings being in. If not we are screwed and our play book is 10 plays deep.

4 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Dline  -  Reaves, Bronson, Kegler, Livingstone   Rotating: Barber, Pinkney, Brown, Black Jackson.  Yates has been hurt but plays when not

Oline -  Norman Attebury, Wiggs, Harris, Mayes.    Rotating. Roberson, Jennings (Got start last week)

I watch every week to see who is starting. Hoping last weeks play calling was limited because of Jennings being in. If not we are screwed and our play book is 10 plays deep.

I wasn't implying nobody knew... I just know there are people who don't and will speak about he play of a position group without actually knowing who they're talking about or how often they actually play.  But clearly you follow as closely as I do... :04-rock: #Respect 

But on a different not we've already ran plays this season we didn't run in that game.  Also, I don't think the play calling was limited because of Jennings, I think he was playing nervous to start the game and they kept it simple until he settled in.  By then the line started getting a push on UMass and they figured out they couldn't stop the veer and that inside trap (the one everyone keeps calling a dive which isn't) so they went with it until they could.stop it... which was never once they got rolling.  We converted on some passes in the second half and hit on a few 3rd down conversions when we needed them.  I don't think we're in trouble at all.  I feel lik the offense is actually improving and becoming more balanced.  I think the process of developing a teams identity is tougher than what fans think.  The fact that they are still undefeated as this teams stars are starting to emerge speaks of the teams resiliency.  There are teams who've played a lesser schedule who aren't undefeated but that's not really my point at all...   We are getting better as a team.  I can see us putting it together this week.  I don't think the weather at this time a year will be much of an advantage, it's not that cold there and we practice and live in 'wet'.  If it were colder I'd be worried, tbo.  I just don't feel like Tulsa will be able to stop our running game at all.  And they have to respect the pass because we take a lot of deep shots and actually hit on them.  I think the ECU game was the outlier and I think Mayes played like crap, which is why we saw Jennings this game.  Seriously, Mayes was terrible ECU.  But I like the way the guys are developing, I think with more reps Jennings is going to be a stud, that kid can move his feet for all his flaws... and he can move a body off the line when he's going forward.

I remain 100 percent convinced that if Polk had not suffered those concussions and had to stop playing, he would have been the starting left tackle and not Mayes.  Mayes was bringing down the oline IMO.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  314
  • Days Won:  0

Tulsa's game with Texas looks pretty good now. Not as confident as others on this one. Just hoping to win with no more injuries. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

I've felt mixed the previous games this season, but I've got a good feeling about this one.  We should see healthy receivers combined with Barnett and Cronkrite, and defense has shown that they put a plan into effect during crunchtime. My biggest concern is lack of discipline but hopefully that gets fixed quickly.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

nope... I was wrong.  I'm not going to argue when I'm wrong.  I misread it, my bad.

If I knew how to capture a screenshot I'd do it.  J/K  

Love your optimism and enthusiasm.

• Upvote 1