• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Both Week 7 Polls ... #23

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

9 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Great to see our USF ranked again in the National spotlight. Hoping we hang on to it maybe it will give the players more incentive...

Lot's of posts have talked about our play this year or lack of it for much of the games. They are a tough read this year. I got thinking about it. Were either a mediocre team just getting lucky to pull off big plays to win or....were a really great/talented team that just lays back for 2-3 quarters matching scores with the opponents( to make them feel competitive) only to kick it in gear the last 15 minutes and pull away/kick butt??? There is the possibility we are only resting during the early quarters???   

That's what I think :) 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

On 10/7/2018 at 2:09 PM, Rizman said:

Please take us off the poll.

Why?

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,732
  • Days Won:  0

CBS Sports #24. Four teams leapfrogged USF including 6-0 Cincinnati. We dropped two spots after playing UMass.

Tulsa is #111

UConn #127

Screenshot_20181008-204823.png

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

No problem CBS is fake news

1 hour ago, E.T. said:

And a **** job of thinking you do too

Just now, BulledOver said:

And a **** job of thinking you do too

"Fine"    A **** Fine job of thinking you do too.  There that is what it was supposed to read.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

On 10/7/2018 at 2:09 PM, Rizman said:

Please take us off the poll.

Please don’t be a USF fan...

1 hour ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

CBS Sports #24. Four teams leapfrogged USF including 6-0 Cincinnati. We dropped two spots after playing UMass.

Tulsa is #111

UConn #127

Screenshot_20181008-204823.png

We don’t need them anymore we are #23 in the two main polls before the CFP poll comes out. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,732
  • Days Won:  0

I learned a new psychology term while Googling "Sports fan fear of success" tonight...

COFFing—Cutting Off Future Failure, a strategy of not getting too excited when a team starts to do well (lest their success prove to be short-lived).

Of course, none of us on this board ever do this... 😎🤘

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

4 hours ago, E.T. said:
13 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Great to see our USF ranked again in the National spotlight. Hoping we hang on to it maybe it will give the players more incentive...

Lot's of posts have talked about our play this year or lack of it for much of the games. They are a tough read this year. I got thinking about it. Were either a mediocre team just getting lucky to pull off big plays to win or....were a really great/talented team that just lays back for 2-3 quarters matching scores with the opponents( to make them feel competitive) only to kick it in gear the last 15 minutes and pull away/kick butt??? There is the possibility we are only resting during the early quarters???   

I like to think they respond well to pressure and never give up. They have some talent to be sure-- but the whole shooting themselves in the foot at odd times early in games but very rarely LATE in the games leads me to this line of thinking.

Champion teams have almost no periods of uneven play. Part of it is coaching. Part of it is experience. We are not there yet.

The you have some players that are just winners-- guys like Flowers could will his team to victory-- Grothe did it too-- so did Marquel Blackwell. And others no doubt over the years. Leaders can overcome adversity. We have some leaders on this team but fans might not know who they are exactly. We can't just be getting lucky to pull out these 4th quarter scores.

Edited by MikeG
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, MikeG said:

I like to think they respond well to pressure and never give up. They have some talent to be sure-- but the whole shooting themselves in the foot at odd times early in games but very rarely LATE in the games leads me to this line of thinking.

Champion teams have almost no periods of uneven play. Part of it is coaching. Part of it is experience. We are not there yet.

The you have some players that are just winners-- guys like Flowers could will his team to victory-- Grothe did it too-- so did Marquel Blackwell. And others no doubt over the years. Leaders can overcome adversity. We have some leaders on this team but fans might not know who they are exactly. We can't just be getting lucky to pull out these 4th quarter scores.

I agree. CCS refers to focus and prep "not ready to play". Many of the players are young this season. The ability is there at most positions. By the 4th-5th game players should be pretty well peaking out. This game will tell a lot about where we are as a team. Tulsa is no slouch they play hard and fast.