• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Nico Sawtelle Revisited

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Mr. Sawtelle you have my heartfelt apology for doubting/questioning your ability in a prior topic last week. It's an easy thing to do sitting in this chair in the a/c. You played a great game against GT. Key plays that helped win this ballgame. You were in on plays and making plays. Congrats to you and the rest of the Team on a job well done. Thanks for your effort you make us proud Bull's Fans.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

Still a liability in when there is speed to the outside. Not his fault as he would be better suited in a 4-3 alignment. He has a lot of territory he is responsible for.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Honestly, I wouldn't praise the play of anybody in the back of the defense yesterday. Overall, they played the QB keeper and pitch poorly.

Sawtelle was in the right place at the right time twice and I couldn't be more pleased about it. Moving forward, I think we'll fare much better against more conventional offenses.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Still a liability in when there is speed to the outside. Not his fault as he would be better suited in a 4-3 alignment. He has a lot of territory he is responsible for.

True but so was Augie. 

16 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

Honestly, I wouldn't praise the play of anybody in the back of the defense yesterday. Overall, they played the QB keeper and pitch poorly.

Sawtelle was in the right place at the right time twice and I couldn't be more pleased about it. Moving forward, I think we'll fare much better against more conventional offenses.

Aww c'mon George you won't praise them just a little bit..? 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

The fumble he recovered was from trailing the play and the pick was a jump ball where the pressure caused a deflection.  

Two games he has not played well.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Tackling on defense team wide still an issue. A lot of extra yardage given up on missed tackles. CCS addressed this issue and hopefully it is worked on as we continue to stack up our wins. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, BullFan98 said:

Tackling on defense team wide still an issue. A lot of extra yardage given up on missed tackles. CCS addressed this issue and hopefully it is worked on as we continue to stack up our wins. 

This D line gets no push.  Its really upsetting because it was suppose to be our strength. It got so bad the true freshmen Yates who is 260 lbs was playing most of the game

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

This D line gets no push.  Its really upsetting because it was suppose to be our strength. It got so bad the true freshmen Yates who is 260 lbs was playing most of the game

I disagree. D line pretty much closed down the dive yesterday which was their job.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

This D will have to play 75% better against Houston and ucf if we are to have a chance.