• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pregame announcer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, 79 Bull said:

The thing that kills me is that at most games, the opponent fans don't even realize HOT is playing their fight song.  I think it's really a class move to do that when their band is not here..  At least GT fans will know it when they hear it.

GO BULLS!

That is cool. Uconn’s band does the same thing for us when we play in CT. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

any chance that Ga Tech is bringing down their band for the game?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

any chance that Ga Tech is bringing down their band for the game?

At one point I saw on one of their boards where someone arranged a "group sale" with USF and he said it was next to the official visitor section and "where the band would be sitting".  Not sure if he meant full marching band or a smaller pep band.

GO BULLS!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

The HOT Band announcer  I believe is someone who's been doing it since the beginning of HOT Band and that's why it keeps happening.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I have politely expressed discontent with the announcer for over a decade. It's not the announcer personally. He used to have a lot more leeway to be fun.... from what I understand, he is completely scripted these days. Which means the relative lack of fun cheers, chants, and phrases like "FIRST DOWWWWWWWWNNNNNN BULLS" is deliberately restrained from somewhere higher up. The game day experience has suffered compared with the mid-2000's era as a result.... if USF wants to sell tickets, it needs to seriously consider the major role that the announcer has in cultivating an awesome game day experience for the fans.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

5 hours ago, bull2saintleo said:

The HOT Band announcer  I believe is someone who's been doing it since the beginning of HOT Band and that's why it keeps happening.

Just as a FYI - first, this is correct. 

During a USF game, three different people are behind a microphone for public address. 

1. HOT Announcer - this is not USF special, most college marching bands have their own announcer who introduces their show.

2. PA Announcer - all the tackles, TD's and lineups. 

3. In Game Host - dude on the video board announcing all the promotions, like Hit Hootie. 

Edited by Mike Stuben
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,141
  • Days Won:  39

11 hours ago, bull2saintleo said:

It keeps happening It keeps happening It keeps happening It keeps happening It keeps happening It keeps happening It keeps happening It keeps happening It keeps happening It keeps happening It keeps happening It keeps happening It keeps happening 

I just hope they keep that Crazy Train song any time the Bucs kick off their games.

alllllllllllllll aboard! dun nuh dun nuh dun nuh

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

28 minutes ago, MikeG said:

I just hope they keep that Crazy Train song any time the Bucs kick off their games.

alllllllllllllll aboard! dun nuh dun nuh dun nuh

I wonder how many NFL teams use this song now? The Pats started it about 20 years and now I have heard it at least with six different nfl teams. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I wonder how many NFL teams use this song now? The Pats started it about 20 years and now I have heard it at least with six different nfl teams. 

I can tell you for a fact that the Bucs have used that song for every opening kickoff since Raymond James Stadium opened. Can't recall if it was also at the old sombrero. I think I have heard it at a couple of other NFL stadiums too. It might be a league wide thing.

The odd thing is that I can't recall them updating the songs they play during breaks very often over all that time .