• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quinton’s best run thus far?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I guess I failed to mention this, but you all helped capture...he gets to continue to pursue his dream while developing as a player AND being able to provide for his family. If they really like him they he can make even more. I really hope he gets to be ahead of the financial rat while pursuing his dreams. Save up and be smart about your money, nothing but positive vibes from back home Q!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

The Q may never realize how many people are hopeful for him and his success. He has made a lot of fans and touched a lot of hearts. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,454
  • Days Won:  13

22 minutes ago, Publix Substitution said:

Has anyone heard anything about if they will activate him due to the Mixon injury?

I would guess not, They have 3 other backs on the roster and would have to cut someone to make room for Q. If Mixon went to IR I could see it happening.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Cincy sports talked about Bengals other 3 backs but they did mention QF as another on practice squad. Maybe Marv will soon be ready for some direct snap fancy footwork plays. Saw 2 different references to his income. One was like mid 200k the other stated mid 400k. Either way the Q is getting a head start on life and....playing football. Win Win

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

15 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Agreed. But a solid, smart football player with outstanding running skills and speed? Yeah, I'd give that guy a shot.

He is getting a shot. I observed after the first preseason game that they were holding QF back to keep him under wraps. I believe their intention is to have him be on the practice squad this year, learn pass protection responsibilities and the RB role, and then give him a legitimate chance to make the roster next season. QF is a gifted athlete and a winner. I hope he gets to display all of that soon. 

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

52 minutes ago, raptorcj said:

Agreed. But a solid, smart football player with outstanding running skills and speed? Yeah, I'd give that guy a shot.

He is getting a shot because all of those aspects. Trust me I love Q, I can dig up the post where I compared him favorably to Matt Grothe after 3 or 4 starts. My line was more in reference to a previous post that implied Mixon shouldnt be there because of his bad behavior and Q should because of his good.

I will say this, I saw a stat that there are more undrafted NFL players on rosters than there are drafted in rounds 1 and 2. Granted the pool of the UFA is much bigger, but the fact that the "experts" are that far off on talent is pretty eye opening.  (Found the link as I was typing)

Good news for Q in the future.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/one-staggering-stat-shows-how-important-undrafted-players-are-in-the-nfl-090516

• Upvote 1