• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What's in the plan for the first tailgate of 2018?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/26/2018 at 5:25 PM, chrisdashley said:

We're gonna break in the tailgater at it's first Bulls game. 

received_10156281479405767.jpeg

I also built a tailgate trailer that I will be breaking in during the off season. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,638
  • Days Won:  3

Because the weather forecasters are expecting a continuation of these 6:00 pm massive deluges and lightning storms through the weekend, I'm thinking ponchos for sure.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

16 hours ago, swamprat said:

It is. Elon, North Carolina to be exact. Between Greensboro and the Raleigh-Durham metroplex.

Not sure how cheese stakes fit as a theme. Carolina BBQ is unique in that Carolina BBQ sauce is vinegar based and has mustard as a main ingredient. 

Might bring some Mt. Olive Pickles and Krispy Kreme donuts this weekend, too. 

If I were going to the Georgia Tech game, I'd definitely do a themed breakfast that included waffles and hash browns covered, smothered, chunked, ...., etc. What Atlanta has more than anything else, is Waffle Houses. :D

They don’t fit the scheme , it’s just that we have won when we eat the cheese steaks. And it makes for a good primer.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Elon Musk dated Amanda Heard, Amanda Heard was married to Johnny Depp, Jonny Depp was in Black Mass with Kevin Bacon, Kevin bacon was in Apollo 13 with Tom Hanks and Tom Hanks of course starred in Philadelphia where cheesesteaks are known. The connection is pretty obvious.

I don't know if any of that is true but it sure is funny.

1 hour ago, jchem1995 said:

They don’t fit the scheme , it’s just that we have won when we eat the cheese steaks. And it makes for a good primer.

Then who are we to question.  Fireball shots are our "lucky" drink.  Reminds me, I have make sure we are stocked.

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

Because the weather forecasters are expecting a continuation of these 6:00 pm massive deluges and lightning storms through the weekend, I'm thinking ponchos for sure.

We may do the tailgate at the house the way things are looking.  Only issue is you can't drink as much as normal.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I don't know if any of that is true but it sure is funny.

Someone can fact check me but I sadly think its all accurate. 

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,638
  • Days Won:  3

15 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

We may do the tailgate at the house the way things are looking.  Only issue is you can't drink as much as normal.

Our tailgating party comes from three different directions (St. Pete, Lutz, & Brandon) so it's tough for the group to do that.  We're in talks right now about a plan to be able to be very flexible.  We've had too many early season games where we all sit in the parking lot in our own cars while it pours for an hour or so and then wait for a long enough break to make the run to the stadium.

The plan now is to get to our meeting location at our normal 3:30 time.  We're going to have a conference call at 2:30.  If a storm is imminent, we will dog off the tailgate and get to our meeting location at 5:00 so we can convoy in and at least have a chance to party after the game together in the lot.

This also means we'll be planning to fend for ourselves as far as food goes this time since we won't know in advance whether we'll be able to do the normal sharing, so we may just plan to do a drive through on the way or something from the Publix deli.

Just hope this cycle of evening rains takes a break Saturday.

1 hour ago, Boomer said:

Our tailgating party comes from three different directions (St. Pete, Lutz, & Brandon) so it's tough for the group to do that.  We're in talks right now about a plan to be able to be very flexible.  We've had too many early season games where we all sit in the parking lot in our own cars while it pours for an hour or so and then wait for a long enough break to make the run to the stadium.

The plan now is to get to our meeting location at our normal 3:30 time.  We're going to have a conference call at 2:30.  If a storm is imminent, we will dog off the tailgate and get to our meeting location at 5:00 so we can convoy in and at least have a chance to party after the game together in the lot.

This also means we'll be planning to fend for ourselves as far as food goes this time since we won't know in advance whether we'll be able to do the normal sharing, so we may just plan to do a drive through on the way or something from the Publix deli.

Just hope this cycle of evening rains takes a break Saturday.

Most of our group is either close to the house or on the way to the stadium.  Swamprat is joining us and he and his wife are the exception. They'll have a longer drive but there is no better option.  I was driving down 275 last evening after a heavy storm came through and saw a tree down.  Don't think our canopies can hold up to those type winds.