• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

17 minutes ago, puc86 said:

And the fans. It’s amazing how quickly it escalated. I remember hating him and his very existence, going thru the first year and going to watch us beat Clemson in Charlotte and thinking things won’t be so bad, to then goining a mob with pitchforks and chasing him out of town some two years later. For all the horribleness he brought he did bring more pinnacle moments than CWT ever did. I can think of at least three landmark wins for Skippy, CWT beat Navy I guess that excited a couple of people.

CWT loaded our roster and went 11-2 his last year.

he couldn't do anything about the schedule or the condition of the program when he got here.

Skip won those big games with Leavitt's players

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

CWT loaded our roster and went 11-2 his last year.

he couldn't do anything about the schedule or the condition of the program when he got here.

Skip won those big games with Leavitt's players

Cwt is our football version of Seth Greenberg. They are good recruiters, they like cutesy gimmicks that endear them to fans, they are good for sound bites, they win enough but don’t accomplish much, they look for those greener pastures, when they leave their sound bites become about how it’s not their fault because kids don’t grow up wanting to be Bulls and ultimately both seem more sizzle than steak and better suited for their lives at ESPN. Ultimately I probably preferred Greenberg’s pizza and bagels he delivered to CWT’s bus delivery, at least it was tangible. CWT managed to leave the program better than Skippy did, how amazing, we should start building the statues immediately.

Edited by puc86

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

42 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Cwt is our football version of Seth Greenberg. They are good recruiters, they like cutesy gimmicks that endear them to fans, they are good for sound bites, they win enough but don’t accomplish much, they look for those greener pastures, when they leave their sound bites become about how it’s not their fault because kids don’t grow up wanting to be Bulls and ultimately both seem more sizzle than steak and better suited for their lives at ESPN. Ultimately I probably preferred Greenberg’s pizza and bagels he delivered to CWT’s bus delivery, at least it was tangible. CWT managed to leave the program better than Skippy did, how amazing, we should start building the statues immediately.

didn't say anything about statues. he did what we hired him to do. rebuild the program from the ground up. it was a total disaster. I appreciate him for everything he did for this program and wish him nothing but the best.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

15 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

didn't say anything about statues. he did what we hired him to do. rebuild the program from the ground up. it was a total disaster. I appreciate him for everything he did for this program and wish him nothing but the best.

I think I've upvoted 3-4 of your posts on this thread.  Our postership has come a long way.  :guinness:

Never understood why it's a bad thing to look for greener pastures.  I would think most of us would leave our current job if there was one where we could do what we love, get paid more, have a realistic chance to be at the top of our profession and have more security.  

Oregon offered all of that to Taggart.  But to some, he's a piece of crap for taking it.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

I doubt a guy is going to torpedo his career because his administration isn't giving him any "support" whatever that means.

he definitely lost the team though.

He's turned out OK.  I don't know if he actually "tanked", but he may have been frustrated and lost some of the drive.  Either way he looked in over his head and left the team a crap fest

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

TheBullsPen.com uniting praisers of mediocrity since 2000.

• Downvote 1

Just now, puc86 said:

TheBullsPen.com uniting praisers of program resurrectors since 2000.

FIFY

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Never understood why it's a bad thing to look for greener pastures.  I would think most of us would leave our current job if there was one where we could do what we love, get paid more, have a realistic chance to be at the top of our profession and have more security.  

Oregon offered all of that to Taggart.  But to some, he's a piece of crap for taking it.

I can see some being resentful for leaving before the job was finished, but the hate and trying to act like he can't coach is kind of extreme.  

You laid out the reasons for a coach leaving with stress on the highlighted part.  I don't know if he has more security.   I've said before and will continue to say, in our current state our coaches have a 3-5 year shelf life unless someone just really likes the environment here and is happy making a little less money with almost no shot at a title

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

TheBullsPen.com uniting praisers of mediocrity since 2000.

I don't consider turning around 3 programs that were in disarray when he arrived "mediocre".  If he stayed here he would have easily surpass that "mediocre" w/l record