• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tailgate ready.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  140
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

We broke the new canopy from Sams out of the box today.  Not your normal set up. Have some kind of extension rods that come out of the upper part of the leg that slide into the corner.  Not a big deal, just different.  But it does extend it to 12 x 12.  

If you're parked in the official lots by the the stadium, I'd wait until the parking attendants move to the next row before setting it up.  The parking lot rules say 10x10 which I used to have but now, we too have a 12x12.  We always have two cars in our group next to each other at our tailgate but the older, disgruntled attendant in Lot 6 said no go even though we explained that we're taking up less space then if both of us had 10x10s up.

Now, as stated above, we just wait to set ours up until the parking attendants move to the next row and haven't had a problem since.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  685
  • Days Won:  2

Ugh the Raymond James parking attendants. The bane of my existence.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

21 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

I bought the WEN 2000 watt last year.  Great for fans, tv, devices and music.  It's super quiet and I've run it at 3/4 load for 5 hours and there was still gas in the one gallon tank.  Sometimes it shows up on Amazon daily deals or special items for $350 to $400.

https://www.amazon.com/WEN-56200i-2000-Watt-Generator-Compliant/dp/B00SMNLF4M

GO BULLS!

+1 on the Wen. Been awesome for me, a little annoying to add oil, but other than that it was super cheap and starts up on the first pull every time. Had it for ~2 years and tailgated every game with it last year. It's a rebranded Yamaha, which is highly rated and they can be paired with a parrellel kit. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

I really appreciate everyone’s insight regarding generator/power sources. For the time being, I’m going to go with the Marine Batter/Invertor set up and look into upgrading to a Honda/WEN down the road. 10 days away ladies and gents!