• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The thrill is gone....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Is anybody saying we shouldnt win the AAC

I typically say I really don’t care if we do. I want to win every game and I want to play in a New Years bowl and those things may come with an AAC Championship but I honestly do not care about that part as I think it’s value to 99.99% of the world is zero. You can just say you are an AAC championship if you like no one would know any differently or care enough to fact check you.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

21 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I typically say I really don’t care if we do. I want to win every game and I want to play in a New Years bowl and those things may come with an AAC Championship but I honestly do not care about that part as I think it’s value to 99.99% of the world is zero. You can just say you are an AAC championship if you like no one would know any differently or care enough to fact check you.

that's silly, winning any championship is better than not winning it. 

1 minute ago, BrassBulls12 said:

that's silly, winning any championship is better than not winning it. 

There are plenty of championships in life that you wouldn’t care if you won or not, I really think that those lamenting about AAC championships are going to be disappointed with the lack of any effect it has on anything. If we win an AAC championship and it doesn’t come with the G5 bowl bid the effects on anything will be a resounding nothing.

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

There are plenty of championships in life that you wouldn’t care if you won or not,

If I am competing, I want to win. Are you saying we should shut down the program? 

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

There are plenty of championships in life that you wouldn’t care if you won or not, I really think that those lamenting about AAC championships are going to be disappointed with the lack of any effect it has on anything. If we win an AAC championship and it doesn’t come with the G5 bowl bid the effects on anything will be a resounding nothing.

This is true; Butch Jones didn't need to win an SEC title at Tennessee. He declared his team Champions of Life and it landed him a $35,000 internship at 'Bama.

Just now, BrassBulls12 said:

If I am competing, I want to win. Are you saying we should shut down the program? 

If the final round of conference expansion happens and we are still a have not I think we should consider our options. I am hyperbolic the majority of the time but I am not being hyperbolic when I say that I think the AAC is the single worst place to be in all of sports. The P6 concept is untenable as we are trying to spend and keep up with the Joneses but forced to do so on 1/10 the income. Over developing the most expensive house in a horrible neighborhood isn’t a solid investment because at the end of the day you are what the comps say you are. If we are left out fighting for our position as the ones just on the other side of the fence is a sad and expensive place to be and I’m not sure that it’s worth it.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

Apparently, they don't have much to talk about so they are over here worrying about our discussions.

Don't they have their "Civil Conflict" game coming up?  

28 minutes ago, puc86 said:

If the final round of conference expansion happens and we are still a have not I think we should consider our options. I am hyperbolic the majority of the time but I am not being hyperbolic when I say that I think the AAC is the single worst place to be in all of sports. The P6 concept is untenable as we are trying to spend and keep up with the Joneses but forced to do so on 1/10 the income. Over developing the most expensive house in a horrible neighborhood isn’t a solid investment because at the end of the day you are what the comps say you are. If we are left out fighting for our position as the ones just on the other side of the fence is a sad and expensive place to be and I’m not sure that it’s worth it.

Sounds to me like you're better off finding a new team. 

4 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Sounds to me like you're better off finding a new team. 

Not an option but thanks for the suggestion.

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Not an option but thanks for the suggestion.

Well enjoy the misery, because you will never be happy here. But do us a favor and stop sounding like a broken record. 

• Upvote 1