• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

But there is zero evidence that there is a conference out there interested in either of us much less both. Our best chance at success in life is creating obvious market differentiators between us and any other like situated teams, suggesting that we should want anyone to be as close as possible to us is just asinine and flies in the face of common sense.

I agree, but the reality is they are going to be right there with us the rest of the way. We have the same resources at our disposal now. They actually have the jump on us in some ways as far as facilities are concerned. Granted, they rushed to do things as quickly as possible and on the cheap and we definitely seem to be more methodical and strategic in our long-term plans, but they needed to just to catch up with us. Of course we are going to do what we can to differentiate ourselves and seem more appealing than any other option, but the possibility of USF/UCF as a package deal is just as likely as either one of us on our own. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

I agree, but the reality is they are going to be right there with us the rest of the way. We have the same resources at our disposal now. They actually have the jump on us in some ways as far as facilities are concerned. Granted, they rushed to do things as quickly as possible and on the cheap and we definitely seem to be more methodical and strategic in our long-term plans, but they needed to just to catch up with us. Of course we are going to do what we can to differentiate ourselves and seem more appealing than any other option, but the possibility of USF/UCF as a package deal is just as likely as either one of us on our own. 

Many teams have been selected individually, zero teams have been selected as a package. How is it that both scenarios are equally as likely? 

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Many teams have been selected individually, zero teams have been selected as a package. How is it that both scenarios are equally as likely? 

When teams are selected they are frequently looking for travel partners and geographic balance. You hear that all the time when conferences are talking expansion. UCF would seem to be our natural travel partner and create geographic balance. Again, I'm not saying either scenario is ever going to play out, but I think you are ignoring two key components that conferences do consider. 

https://www.denverpost.com/2010/06/16/utah-to-join-pac-10-be-cus-traveling-partner/ 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

9 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Of course we are going to do what we can to differentiate ourselves and seem more appealing than any other option, but the possibility of USF/UCF as a package deal is   just as likely    as either one of us on our own. 

Unfortunately I agree.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

20 minutes ago, puc86 said:

But there is zero evidence that there is a conference out there interested in either of us much less both. Our best chance at success in life is creating obvious market differentiators between us and any other like situated teams, suggesting that we should want anyone to be as close as possible to us is just asinine and flies in the face of common sense.

Compelling argument and you've successfully changed my asinine, emotional mind.  I thank you for setting me straight.  Screw UCF.  WE are #1 and no one is better than us Bulls! 

Go Bulls!

3 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

When teams are selected they are frequently looking for travel partners and geographic balance. You hear that all the time when conferences are talking expansion. UCF would seem to be our natural travel partner and create geographic balance. Again, I'm not saying either scenario is ever going to play out, but I think you are ignoring two key components that conferences do consider. 

https://www.denverpost.com/2010/06/16/utah-to-join-pac-10-be-cus-traveling-partner/ 

Who was West Virginia’s travel partner? Who was Louisville’s? Nebraska’s? Rutgers?  Tv and new markets drive everything now, when you get $30 million in tv dollars instead of $1.8 million you can afford to travel alone.

Just now, Bausfkid said:

Compelling argument and you've successfully changed my asinine, emotional mind.  I thank you for setting me straight.  Screw UCF.  WE are #1 and no one is better than us Bulls! 

Go Bulls!

Keep cheering for UCF, clearly that’s bulls first and in our best interest. That is until it isn’t. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Who was West Virginia’s travel partner? Who was Louisville’s? Nebraska’s? Rutgers?  Tv and new markets drive everything now, when you get $30 million in tv dollars instead of $1.8 million you can afford to travel alone.

Nebraska was added to balance out the B1G, see Penn State. As for Rutgers, see Maryland and vice versa. Note that Rutgers would not have been added unless the B1G added Maryland. Both have a huge Market but, the B1G wanted them both together.

Edited by Azmodi

Just now, puc86 said:

When talking Big 12 expansion they were taking WVU's situation into consideration. TV markets matter, new markets matter, recruiting matters, fan support matters, academic (can) matter. I just think in the case of USF and UCF and, particularly the Big 12, that there might be appeal in the two teams as a packaged deal. 

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

When talking Big 12 expansion they were taking WVU's situation into consideration. TV markets matter, new markets matter, recruiting matters, fan support matters, academic (can) matter. I just think in the case of USF and UCF and, particularly the Big 12, that there might be appeal in the two teams as a packaged deal. 

Based on what? Because history shows that there is a way better chance that it’s one of us, so why would we cheer for a coin toss?