• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

14 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I’ve been harsh to USF athletics lately but if we want to be any sort of relevant we need to win something or we don’t have any kind of leg to stand on when other teams want to run their mouth to us or when conference realignment talks start. Baseball beats some teams here and there. Big deal. I agree, they’ve greatly underachieved. People can get mad all they want but facts are facts. 

Listening to Louke close out the season he essentially said the same thing. We have to start winning championships. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

28 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Pretty doggone lousy effort all weekend.

Pretty much sums it up. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

18 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I agree, they’ve greatly underachieved.

I agree, there was a clear blueprint for this team to be much more successful and we missed that mark.  It's not like this team was void of talent. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

If anyone is still keenly interested in the NCAA tournament, or, at least as far as the AAC is concerned, please visit this thread:

Three other AAC teams are still alive and currently playing.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,081
  • Days Won:  2

28 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I agree, there was a clear blueprint for this team to be much more successful and we missed that mark.  It's not like this team was void of talent. 

Yeah, I'm not sure if I would want guys like Villar, Genord or Montes back even if they don't get picked high enough in the draft.  None of them can hit any pitchers that are halfway decent.  You will never win anything with guys that don't step up their games when it matters most.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I love the fact that there's a handful of people on here talking about USF baseball, but most of you have no idea what you're talking about if a) you think this season should have gone any better than it did or b) think Mohl did anything less than an outstanding job in his first stint as a head coach. 

Preseason #5 finished #2 in the conference. 

Didn't even sniff a preseason ranking, in and out of the top 25 and RPI top 20.

Lots of people who know lots of stuff about baseball didn't think we had the talent to do what we did this year.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322

8 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I love the fact that there's a handful of people on here talking about USF baseball, but most of you have no idea what you're talking about if a) you think this season should have gone any better than it did or b) think Mohl did anything less than an outstanding job in his first stint as a head coach. 

Preseason #5 finished #2 in the conference. 

Didn't even sniff a preseason ranking, in and out of the top 25 and RPI top 20.

Lots of people who know lots of stuff about baseball didn't think we had the talent to do what we did this year.

Can’t down someone for wanting this program to reach better heights and none of those points make losing any better when we made it as far as a regional. The frustration mainly comes from the big picture. Again, we still have very little to show for what we did which is becoming a theme. This team is great and they have a lot to be proud of, but season after season after season we’re left championshipless. Stetson’s managing to host a regional, win 17 straight games currently, and probably will be making it to a super regional in their coaches 2nd season. I like Mohl and I think he’s going to do great, but it’s not like he’s new to this team. 

Edited by OcalaBull2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

10 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Can’t down someone for wanting this program to reach better heights and none of those points make losing any better when we made it as far as a regional. The frustration mainly comes from the big picture. Again, we still have very little to show for what we did which is becoming a theme. This team is great and they have a lot to be proud of, but season after season after season we’re left championshipless. Stetson’s managing to host a regional, win 17 straight games currently, and probably will be making it to a super regional in their coaches 2nd season. I like Mohl and I think he’s going to do great, but it’s not like he’s new to this team. 

You also can't blame this team for any failure before 4 years ago. This team and this coach did what they were capable of and more.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322

8 minutes ago, JTrue said:

You also can't blame this team for any failure before 4 years ago. This team and this coach did what they were capable of and more.

I’m not blaming anyone nor am I saying that this group, including the coach, don’t have a lot to be proud of.  I’m saying that it’s getting increasingly frustrating when we still haven’t won a title. That’s not even fully directed at baseball. That’s directed at multiple sports. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

11 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I’m saying that it’s getting increasingly frustrating when we still haven’t won a title. That’s not even fully directed at baseball. That’s directed at multiple sports. 

Srriously, I am reluctantly in another Tinmen twitterspar about their wonderful success in the AAC.  🤣

Of course, I don't value conference titles as much as others, but they are nice/okay.  If we could have made it to Omaha, I couldn't give two 💩 about whether or not we were "AAC Champs".  But that's really another topic.  I'll go ahead and give myself a minus.