• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF defeat of SMU video roundup - highlights, comments

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

Just in case anyone's interested, 3rd level tix to Thursday's Session are around $10, fees included, on Stub Hub.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Ok, well, yeah it's only two games and yeah SMU was down a couple big players, but that's the second complete game in a row. They predicted & complemented each other throughout the game, and they hit big shots when it mattered. They played D tougher than I've seen them play for any two-game stretch through the season.

Doesn't change my thoughts about how well they'll do in the AAC tourney as the lowest seed facing a pissed off Memphis on the 8th, but now I wouldn't be surprised to see them get past that first round. I'm excited for the future of this team and the heart they're showing out there at the end of a tough season. They're peaking at the right time, so ya never know...

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

I like the way we’re closing this season out regardless of how the tournament plays out. Way to build towards next season. Hopefully we climb a little higher next year

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Really happy for these guys.  2 in a row, and finally a win at home on senior day.  As bad as things are, I think this team is moving in the right direction now.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  645
  • Days Won:  1

This gives me hope for .500 next year. If we can be a couple games over we might see a NIT Birth. That's something I never thought I'd say in year two of Coach Gregory's reign. I was hoping for double digit wins this year so I think .500 next year is definitely doable for this team going forward, that's exciting.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I hope the infusion of veteran transfers will pan out for us next year in setting the foundation. So glad we were able to have them come in for a year and help the younger guys, I think they've clearly been able to mentor these guys into good discipline and more grit. I'll be interested to see how CBG approaches next year. Collins & Martin look ready to go, but the other 3 positions (maybe Holston?) I dunno. Hope he can build a little depth and maybe get a couple more veteran guys to come in--especially a big-body athlete.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,162
  • Days Won:  56

D-A-V-I-D  C-O-L-L-I-N-S

From now on, I'd only recruit kids named Collins.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

3 hours ago, tampatony said:

This gives me hope for .500 next year. If we can be a couple games over we might see a NIT Birth. That's something I never thought I'd say in year two of Coach Gregory's reign. I was hoping for double digit wins this year so I think .500 next year is definitely doable for this team going forward, that's exciting.

Just have to remember that "this team" we're seeing ending the season is going to look a lot different going into next year ... with the biggest hole at the 5, and I never thought I'd ever be saying that about losing Manderson. Our returning "bigs" will be Scekic and Martin, and Martin's a lot better suited at F. Hopefully Scekic has an epiphany like Manderson had .... he's been pretty disappointing after the build up. Durr's going to need to hit the court running to have any hope of your doable .500

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,162
  • Days Won:  56

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Just have to remember that "this team" we're seeing ending the season is going to look a lot different going into next year ... with the biggest hole at the 5, and I never thought I'd ever be saying that about losing Manderson. Our returning "bigs" will be Scekic and Martin, and Martin's a lot better suited at F. Hopefully Scekic has an epiphany like Manderson had .... he's been pretty disappointing after the build up. Durr's going to need to hit the court running to have any hope of your doable .500

Still think they need to add a JUCO grinder for next year - a mature guy who will throw his weight around, defend and rebound (the role Ron Anderson played so well on the NCAA team). No one on the roster fits that role and it's needed if they're going to take another step forward.