• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

IPF Update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

For some reason I thought we were further along than this.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/2018/02/13/charlie-strong-pitches-usf-football-facility-to-trustees/

Tampa Bay Times staff writer Claire McNeill, covering today's USF Board of Trustees meeting, had this dispatch from the proceedings:

USF's proposed $40 million football center advanced another degree Tuesday morning as Bulls coach Charlie Strong made a pitch to university trustees, who agreed the school should start seeking designers for the indoor practice facility.

Strong has been recruiting for the last three weeks, he said, visiting "probably over 120 high schools," from Atlanta to Pensacola to Miami.

"It's all about facilities," he said, encouraging the USF leaders in the room to keep strengthening USF's brand.

Plus, he said, there's just the matter of trying to schedule practices and classes around Florida's unpredictable rain showers.

"Any time we're practicing for a critical game and a thunderstorm pops up, you have to get off that field," he said.

USF coach Charlie Strong told school trustees Tuesday an indoor practice facility is essential for his program [OCTAVIO JONES | Times]

The 160,000-square-foot facility would pop up to the north of USF’s Lee Roy Selmon Athletics center. Strong said he’ll do whatever he has to do to get it built. USF officials said the project will be “donor-driven.”

Trustees agreed to move on to the next step, sending out a request for qualifications for designers. Later Tuesday, a USF finance committee will dig into some of the numbers.

Strong stressed that he's not a territorial coach, and that all sports will be able to use the facility.

"I want to make sure we're all in this together for every sport to have the chance to be successful," he said.

He also joked that some recruits still need a little help in knowing exactly who the Bulls are.

"'Weren't y'all the team that went undefeated?'" some would ask him.

"No," he said he replied, "we weren't that team."

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Do we want a kid who during the interview process doesn't know the difference between an S and C?

I can't imagine speaking with a company or having a candidate speak with about my company and not know who we are.

Dumb is not good.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

Do we want a kid who during the interview process doesn't know the difference between an S and C?

I can't imagine speaking with a company or having a candidate speak with about my company and not know who we are.

Dumb is not good.

Go Bulls!

I agree we don't need that level of idiocy.  Thats mind boggling dumb and disrespectful if a football scholarship and cost of living stipend is in your near future.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

Depends on how fast he is.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Dumb is infectious.  Come on up to Philly and we take a walk downtown.  Dumb is tangible. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

If someone asks you if you are a God you say yes.
If someone asks you if you are the team that went undefeated, you take the same advice that was given above in Ghostbusters.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,711
  • Days Won:  424

5 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

3 hours ago, JTrue said:

Depends on how fast he is.

Exactly. If the kid's a player, I couldn't give two ***** about his knowledge of the current state of college football ... and find it hilarious that he had us confused with the "national champions".

Also, don't understand the grief the kid's getting. Obviously he wasn't real familiar with USF, or UCF for that matter, and this was an opportunity for the coaches to rectify that ..... as long as he's fast.

Edited by Triple B
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

So much for the fictional national title increasing their national visibility

• Haha 2