• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Another year without a conference title

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  116
  • Days Won:  0

I don’t know about everyone else, but this sucks. You can preach all you want about how great the game was and how proud you are of the seniors (I agree on both counts) but now three straight years with a great team and we come up short. I guess you can say I’m more fruturated than anything. We had a clear path looking in the preseason and out of nowhere comes UCF.  Worst part is we had the prime opportunity being in the driver’s seat. Looking ahead I see the program continuing to grow, but we may experience a bit of bumps in the road losing many starters. Here’s to hoping we get that title one day...

Edited by StPeteBull91
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

It does suck. But can you do? After 5 or 6 months we will forget about this year and start to look toward next year. The cycle goes on and on. Hopefully, we will get one soon. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

This is the biggest bummer of all...

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I mean Temple and then 0-12 UCF won the division before we did.... it is a tragedy.

• Upvote 4

Something has to give. Not making a strong case to P5 conferences without selling points. What do you say? They have to take us if they take UCF? That we beat FSU on a down year 8 years ago? Those titles mean more than I think people wanna believe especially if you are looking to get into a stronger conference. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  441
  • Days Won:  2

It's disappointing for sure but when we were picked in the preseason no one saw what ucf did this year coming. I certainly didn't think they'd be this good that fast. Though i still think last year's loss to temple that cost us was brutal at least ucf this year is a really good team temple last year was average. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

If ucf can turn it around this quick there is no reason we can’t be in contention next year...it is the AAC after all. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348

It is frustrating as hell.  UCF deserves the credit for what they became.  When you have your destiny in your hands you have to finish.  

We lose in the most improbable ways.  Think about this.  How bizarre is it to lose on a 4th and 24 conversion.How often is that converted?  Once every ten years?

Our QB accounted for over 600 yards today.  That is Heisman stuff...and we lose.  It was a typical USF loss.  one player rises above all else only to come up short

We are to college sports as Cleveland is to professional sports.  Lots of heartbreak year in year out in most sports.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688

39 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If ucf can turn it around this quick there is no reason we can’t be in contention next year...it is the AAC after all. 

I mean, Temple won it in 2016.... we can be in the race any given season. But our history is full of tragedy. 

UCF was 0-12 and turned it around to get back to the CCG. We have yet to make an appearance. It’s so disappointing. 

• Upvote 2