• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Seth Working Miami Hard

Guest Harvey Jones

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

This guys lingo sound familiar to anyone ;) ;)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

Velcro.....any way to banish certain guests from the board?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Velcro.....any way to banish certain guests from the board?

Ban 'em all. They are of no use to society.................... >:(

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

There is, but it is not fool-proof.

Guest Harvey Jones

BE Pimp...let's state the facts.

1.  VA Tech doesn't have one good non-conference win.  We actually played ECU tougher than you at there place...you played them on a neutral court.

2.  You guys lucked out big time by getting Rutgers, G'town and WVU twice none are in the top 7 of the B.E.

You also got the two worst teams in the league at home.

3.  Your head coach is shopping his name hard in Miami, and as most posters know he did the same thing here.

4. You live in Blacksburg your women are nasty, the men are missing teeth, 1/2 of your population lives in trailer parks.  

5.  USF and Va Tech will both be taking huge hits over the next 4-5 years, I do not believe either will get it done.  The one difference is CRM can look in the mirror and know he did it the right way.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Burma Shave

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

i disagree with guest harvey jones

usf will get it done with coach mac in three years we will be respectable in the middle of the pack in the NBE that is enough to go NIT and posibly dancing as well.

vatech will be lower tier ACC for the next 3-5 years as long as seth is the coach if they go dancing in the next 5 years i will buy any takers who are signed board members their favorite six pack.

go bulls!

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  100

Seth Greenberg is a horrible coach and a selfish bastard.  He only looks out for himself and the betterment of his career, which sucks.  What kind of person/coach goes looking for another job, after one bad season at his new job, shows how much he cares for his players.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

VaTech did beat Providence... did everyone forget that fact? Harvey... we played some weakass teams twice this season also... Houston and ECU among others... don't discount scheduling... we didn't play Louisville or Cinci twice. That is the way the cards fall. I'm just saying Seth is doing a good job at VaTech with the players he has or is left with. McCullum dismantled this year's squad based on his ideals he wants for the future... players leave a team for a reason... and personal differences between the players who left and the coach are reason #1. I spoke to Sam Barber in the gym... and he was adamant about the fact he didn't get kicked off, but left because McCullum and him weren't on the same page.

On non-conference wins, I mean... which team is really better? Valpo, UNO, or Wright St... because their records are relatively the same and none will make the tourney without winning their conference. We beat one CUSA team, USM, and they're not even .500 overall. We really don't have any quality wins to be honest. With the exception of beating St. John's in the Big East, every Tech win in the Big East is against an above .500 team.

Seth wasn't responsible for their non-conference schedule this season... next year will be different. He didn't stack his schedule with the Morgan State's of the world or the William and Mary's... the previous coach did. Seth was responible for Nebraska, Valpo, Wright St, Michigan St. and so forth. And I would expect that type of scheduling in the future for Seth coached teams.

McCullum left Western Michigan with non-conference powers College of Charleston, Detroit and Winthorp. Not much better than what Seth left USF in the scheduling department. College of Charleston is equivalent to Nebraska in my book.

What I'm saying is that neither coach has overachieved... although it would be a push to say Seth did more than McCullum. I was expecting at least 10 wins from USF with the talent we had at the beginning of the season. After the departure of half our squad, that was definitely a push. You can't honesty say we achieved anything but maybe we lost players that might be problems or were problems.

Our record is padded with wins over FAU and FIU, just like Seth has cheap wins. The only difference is Seth actually beat a very quality team in Providence (how, I still don't know?!), and he upset some conference foes which would be expected during any regular season. And he won the one game I expected them to win... St. John's. I thought initially we would win more CUSA games... but the more I watched us, the more I realized we were really bad with the departure of certain players and key injuries. The USM win was a great win for the players in the program, and at least kept us from going 0-for-CUSA... we did have momentum at that point.

The Sheriff

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  187

BE Pimp,

Just wait until one of the players that Seth recruits comes out of the locker room for the second half and then takes a seat in the stands to watch the rest of the game.

USF is losing this year with Seth's players.

See how you like him in his 4th season if he sticks around log enough.