• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Senior Day Attendance

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,733
  • Days Won:  425

On 11/16/2017 at 11:38 PM, Brad said:

Yes, huge part of it.  Plus, I believe, the alienation of some with the Leavitt deal.  I know people that to this day haven't gotten over that bout with incompetence by the AD and Prez even letting it get to where it did.  

We need to make a move, and it's not easy.  

On 11/17/2017 at 9:58 AM, Triple B said:

Saw this last night and avoided responding but then saw this Quinton Flowers thread this morning and had to come back to it. USF football is about players like Q and Mike Love. If they're not supporting solely because of "that bout" they need to get the **** over it and realize that USF football is bigger than any coach, no matter what how much he did for this program ..... in my ever humble opinion.

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

I don't think it is only about the coach, it's about the way the administration chose to use to their benefit.  Perhaps could be seen as unethical.  The "investigation" by their lawyer.  I understand the viewpoint.

I don't but pretty much explained why ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  97
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/17/2017 at 11:28 AM, Rex Havoc said:

I haven't missed a game in over 10 years, but you're right the Thursday games suck. It took me an hour and a half to get to the stadium from Pinellas County. I will make that drive because I love USF Football, but lots of people won't. Weekends are a lot easier traffic wise. We also cannot ever have a home ooc schedule like we had this year. Unfortunately for us this year even our conference opponents were blah.

I live at pretty much Riverview. Finally got home at 12:30 AM, had to shower and eat, then finally got to bed late. Work next Day was very slow. MAYBE Friday games are okay, but they can’t blame us for the attendance on a Thursday game. It’s too late, there’s no tailgating for most of us, and work next day makes it even worse.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

I don't but pretty much explained why ...

And we shall toast and move on.  BTW, I'm going to a bball game in December - hope to connect.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

If it was up to me I'd have all Saturday afternoon and evening games, but it isn't.

No doubt attendance drops off considerably during mid week games and that is to be expected for a number of reasons.

The trade off and only bright spot is that we get to play before a national audience and with no other college games on that night. So, we capture the college football TV viewer. 

That should give our team great exposure.

The down side is that when our big stadium appears so empty on TV and we play considerably less well than expected that does not enhance our overall football reputation.

I wish i knew how much (if any) additional money USF gets for these games. 

29 minutes ago, Brad said:

And we shall toast and move on.  BTW, I'm going to a bball game in December - hope to connect.

Let me know when. If there's a Bolts or Bucs game during that time that you'd be available for, love to get your transplanted Tampanian to a game, dragging you along.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Thanks, but I'm coming in solo.  The young'n is staying back.  It's a medical welfare check on my pops.   I appreciate you thinking about that young Bucs/Bolts fan/son of mine.   I'll send you an IM so we can coordinate.

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

Thanks, but I'm coming in solo.  The young'n is staying back.  It's a medical welfare check on my pops.   I appreciate you thinking about that young Bucs/Bolts fan/son of mine.   I'll send you an IM so we can coordinate.

Works for me.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 hour ago, Local Bully said:

I live at pretty much Riverview. Finally got home at 12:30 AM, had to shower and eat, then finally got to bed late. Work next Day was very slow. MAYBE Friday games are okay, but they can’t blame us for the attendance on a Thursday game. It’s too late, there’s no tailgating for most of us, and work next day makes it even worse.

My issue with weekday games is the traffic getting to the games. The bridges and most roads in Tampa are 40 years behind where they should be. It takes me 2 to 3 times as long to get to the stadium on a weekday. 

I also love tailgating and hanging out with people I don’t see all the time.  Weekday games suck for that. Saturday’s are made for tailgating and college football. 

No matter when USF plays I’ll be there, but if we never have another Thursday game I wouldn’t complain. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

We need an OCS. Period. I agree with those that say the increased “National exposure” of weeknight games is bad exposure. It’s a joke and it doesn’t even resemble big time college football.

Is this really our pitch?

“Hey recruits, you get to play in an NFL stadium. One with red and pewter seats....and yes, you will see 75% of them with no a$$es in them while you are playing, it’ll be great.! You’ve seen that cool pirate ship on TV, the one with the cannons?? Yeah, that won’t be going off during your games either.”

“You’ll feel like the bastard step child of Tampa Bay football all 4 years you come to USF!....you are in a horrible conference that nobody cares about. You will never play for a National Championship. The fan base blows. The local media coverage is non-existent”

I will keep ringing the OCS bell until it gets done. We need Mr. Jeff Vinick to help us get a stadium. We need to create our own brand. Our own unique game day experience. Nothing else will ever change until this happens. I guarantee it.

• Upvote 1