• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

College Football Playoff Cartel

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

15 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Is there something that makes you think that if this happens, any system changes would allow G5 schools like us any better shot?  

Sadly, no GA.  The argument will be SOS and they both play in the storied SEC. 

Change will come when the non-P5 ADs and Presidents say enough is enough and you are going to change or we won't play you and our fans will boycott your product. 

IMO, we (USF and UCF) should be much more aggressive with our intent and not wait like a prom date for a P5 conference to call.  We should be no ones Kenickie

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I'm boycotting P5 games. Been doing this all year. The G5 product on the field is just as good in my opinion. Screw them and their greed. No need to accept being second class citizens just because someone else tells us that we are.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  225

The realization of this whole thing is really starting to turn me off from college football completely. If my team doesn't have a chance, what's the point? Might as well be FCS so at least we can win a title there.

I also wonder how much athletes are aware of this, and how much it kills/drives their motivation. We've already seen coaches repeatedly leave for better schools, how long before the players start to give up?

Edited by deadudea

12 minutes ago, deadudea said:

The realization of this whole thing is really starting to turn me off from college football completely. If my team doesn't have a chance, what's the point? Might as well be FCS so at least we can win a title there.

I also wonder how much athletes are aware of this, and how much it kills/drives their motivation. We've already seen coaches repeatedly leave for better schools, how long before the players start to give up?

...but...but we have a minimal chance to play in the Peach Bowl!!! Isn't that enough!? ::sarcasm:: Lol I would love to see  the G5 representative bring a fake national championship trophy to the Peach Bowl and lift it if they win. Troll them hard. :P.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

2 hours ago, beastiebull said:

And while I wish the system were different I do believe that our lack of success, and it pains me to say this, has less to do with the system than with our own inability to win the one that counts the most.

So, what if we had beaten Houston? We would now be ranked by them somewhere in the 20's. It also would have made little if any difference had we beaten the teams we played by a much wider margin.

UCF played a tougher schedule, with better wins and had larger margins of victory and they are just #18.

The entire system is stacked in favor of the P5 conferences. There are many more of them represented on the committee and they therefore have the numbers to effectively control the voting process.

But it goes well beyond the CFP.

The P5 conferences have made it almost impossible for G5 teams to schedule home and home series with quality teams, in order to prevent us from ever obtaining a decent enough SOS, to even be considered for a playoff spot. They do not want any G5 team to be in a position to take that away from one of their own. That is really the most difficult obstacle to overcome.

Some P5 conferences have already written into their bylaws not to play any G5 teams, or place limits on how many such games can be played, or make particular exceptions as to certain teams.

Then when their schools do schedule us, as we have seen numerous times, many end up buying out the return game, or change it to a later date, which may never actually take place.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, deadudea said:

same here and add to that fact that both of us most likely won't be able to keep talented coaches bc of the tv money gap and access to the final prize

You think Taggart leaves if the Big12 decided to invite the USF-UCF package last winter? Nope and UCF would feel much more confident in keeping Frost right now.

3 minutes ago, ambienknights said:

same here and add to that fact that both of us most likely won't be able to keep talented coaches bc of the tv money gap and access to the final prize

You think Taggart leaves if the Big12 decided to invite the USF-UCF package last winter? Nope and UCF would feel much more confident in keeping Frost right now.

G5 schools have to keep cycling through good coaches until we find a bad one.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Can't wait until we beat UCF and this article will be considered garbage by P5 schools as all G6 schools will have at least one loss. Let's face it. We had a cupcake schedule and we didn't take care of business against Houston at HOME. We didn't make adjustments. Our receivers finally caught the football for a game, but we couldn't stop a 4th and 22 when it mattered most. This is truly why we aren't up for discussion. Let's stop making our problems everyone else's problems. If we had won the games we were supposed to win this year and in a convincing manner, we could very well demand a seat at the table. However we haven't. In reality, we would not be undefeated in the SEC, the Big 10, the Big 12, the Pac12 or the ACC if we were in those conferences (nor would UCF for that matter). However we SHOULD have taken care of business in our OWN conference... and we didn't. Yes, I don't like it anymore than anyone else... however you have to force yourself into the conversation by controlling things you can control (the W's on your schedule). We didn't and we knew one loss this season eliminated any chance of having playoff hopes based on our SOS. Even if Wisconsin gets to the Big 10 championship, they still have to beat Michigan and the winner of this week's Michigan State-Ohio State game in the Big 10 championship. Those are better wins than anything USF or UCF will register this season (assuming Wisconsin runs the table). USF and UCF might be able to beat a good P5 team in a major bowl game, but can they do it week in and week out? Right now - no. Reality sucks at times.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,125
  • Days Won:  6

31 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

UCF played a tougher schedule, with better wins and had larger margins of victory and they are just #18.

Some have been arguing all year that we are not running up the score enough.  I offer this truth above to illustrate why it never mattered.

• Like 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

18 minutes ago, The Sheriff said:

If we had won the games we were supposed to win this year and in a convincing manner, we could very well demand a seat at the table.

We could have demanded all we wanted but we still wouldn't have been considered one of the top 4 teams in the country ...